Palm rest for the MacBook Air.

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by geekygeek, Jul 28, 2011.

1. geekygeek macrumors regular

Does the palm rest on the MacBook Air react to sweat if I put my wrist area while I'm typing for long periods? All the used MacBook Airs have like glittery aluminum but I like the dull when you first get it. I got an 13" 128gb i5 yesterday and I've been really careful to not ouch the palm rest. Should I get a palm rest and is your MacBook Air experiencing this problem?

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Personally if your even worrying about it in the first place I would go for the Moshi Palm Guard. You would never know it's on your macbook air - easy to put on - easy to remove if need be - aesthetically it is the perfect match to the air or mbp too. Well recommended, and only $20 for that peace of mind.

3. deadlystriker macrumors regular

deadlystriker

Get a palm rest protector if you're worried, because over time, the aluminum will react to the natural oils from skin.

4. geekygeek thread starter macrumors regular

What about the trackpad? I have seen some, but not much people with glittery trackpads, but isn't the trackpad glass? Its hard to find one on eBay, I can only find the one for the previous generation. Can someone please find one? I have the new one (www.apple.com/macbookair) 13" 128gb core i5 with 4gb of ram. I saw one on Amazon but I don't have an amazon account and I don't want to go through all the pain. Also does the Moshi Palm guard protect the keyboard?

Edit: will the palm rest get glittery if I wipe it with a damp paper towel in like an hour or two hours of use? I really considering the palm guard but I'm just wondering. I might go to the apple store tomorrow and pick up one, but please leave an eBay page for my macbook air