Palm Tungsten T2 and iSync

Discussion in 'macOS' started by sidkdbl07, Jun 30, 2007.

1. sidkdbl07 macrumors newbie

I just got my macbook... yeah! Love it.

Now I'm trying to setup my palm tungsten t2. I installed the latest hotsync manager (v3.2), and I've run it and it will sync it to the Palm Desktop Software. Then I try to "enable Palm OS syncing" but it tells me that hotsync is not properly installed or has never been opened.

I noticed that some posted made mention of a isync conduit, but it seems to relate to older versions of iSync.

Any suggestions?

2. chatoyer macrumors regular

Not sure if I can help, but I don't use isync to sync up my Treo 650 to my Macbook. I'm also using HotSync Manager 3.2.1. If memory serves, I only installed the standard Palm software that came with the 650, although I may have upgraded the actual Palm desktop software (am using 4.2.1).

What are you trying to sync? I installed the Entourage conduit, so it seems (can't remember doing it), as I use Entourage as my PIM. There should be an "Additional Tools" folder on the Office 2004 CD which is where, I think, the Entourage conduit can be found.

David

3. sidkdbl07 thread starter macrumors newbie

The palm website says that there is still a iSync conduit, but it doesn't appear on my list of conduits.

http://www.palm.com/us/macintosh/isync.html

I have iSync 2.4, so I think this webpage is out of date. If I do need the conduit, then I don't know where to get it. Anybody?

I just want to sync my addresses, calendar and todo lists. Entourage seems like overkill.