Palmrest crack.Bother fixing?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by WillThePlank, Mar 10, 2009.

1. WillThePlank macrumors member

WillThePlank

So on my Macbook C2D 2.16, 2 gig ram ,7200 rpm hd, superdrive GMA950 (not that it matters but I know how we all like specs round here ^^) I have developed a lovely little crack in the palmrest

[​IMG]

Now I don't mind looking at it one bit but in the long term will I have any problems by not getting it fixed? (eg catches having nothing to sit on so keyboard scratches screen).

Will.

2. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Take it to the Apple Store. They will fix it for free, even if you're past warranty. It's a known defect in some MacBooks.

3. sn00pie macrumors 6502a

sn00pie

4. lostfan916 macrumors 6502a

lostfan916

Just take it in. You get the feeling of a fresh new trackpad and keys :D

But I noticed that there is a small crack developing on the outer bezel, right above where the little feet are on the top. I think this is because the top case was touching the palm rest area (since there was a crack and the feet no longer held it a little open, they just slipped into the crack.) So just take it in, you should have no problem with it.

5. Kebabselector macrumors 68030

Kebabselector

I echo the comments above. Mine started to crack so I spoke to my local Apple store who repaired it (was out of warranty). Took a few days as the parts weren't in. Very happy with the service.

6. WillThePlank thread starter macrumors member

WillThePlank

Ahh ok thanks guys.

You see I have been considering doing this but the nearest apple store to me is London ( I also have apple care till Jan 2010) and getting there would be a chore (being 17 I'm still driving about on a provisional till I take my test next month and I hate public transport with a passion).

I live in sudbury in suffolk (UK) and there is a authorized Apple repair center in Ipswitch (Found out when my Mac Pro went tits up). Do they do the repairs like an Apple store would (aka free)?

Will.

7. fourtyoneantz macrumors member

i'd absolutely take it in. they'll fix it for free, why not?

8. mynameisraj macrumors 6502

yes if they are authorized it is still free :)