Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tresnotas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 27, 2011
I'm looking into Moshi's Palmrest and also have seen the one here http://www.twelvesouth.com/products/surfacepad/. Does anyone which one of these products (or any other products) better with leaving no residue when removed? I like Moshi better because of the color, but have read conflicting reviews about it leaving residue when removed after being on for a long time (months, years)

whyzdom

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2011
I have the Moshi Palmguard.. works very well with minimal residue if you need to remove it.

sandylp

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2004
San Francisco Bay Area
I'm looking into Moshi's Palmrest and also have seen the one here http://www.twelvesouth.com/products/surfacepad/. Does anyone which one of these products (or any other products) better with leaving no residue when removed? I like Moshi better because of the color, but have read conflicting reviews about it leaving residue when removed after being on for a long time (months, years)

I use the one from Power Support. I used it for 1.5 years with my 13" and when I removed it temporarily to show the new buyer, the surface underneath was pristine with no residue. It feels like a soft faux-suede material and you can use a mouse on it if you want. It was very easy to reapply, too. There is also a clear one for the track pad that is also removable and can be reapplied.

Miss Terri

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2010
US East Coast
I have a Moshi Palm Guard on my 2010 MBP 13" After a couple of weeks I decided I didn't like the trackpad piece. It peeled right off and left zero residue. Granted, that's not a long time-period, nor was it the palmguard piece; however, when I researched it prior to buying, I did not see complaints of residue.

MT

bcrawfo2

macrumors member
Dec 20, 2010
I have the moshi on my 2011 15" MBP. I didn't install the trackpad piece because I was mainly concerned about my watch scratching the palmrest edge.
I installed the moshi on my system that already had a speck case. The tabs on the palmrest caused a bubble in the moshi, so I made a tiny cutout in the shape of the tabs and you can't even see it unless you really look.
I'm happy with my combination.

Jmouse

macrumors 6502
Mar 14, 2011
I use the one from Power Support. I used it for 1.5 years with my 13" and when I removed it temporarily to show the new buyer, the surface underneath was pristine with no residue. It feels like a soft faux-suede material and you can use a mouse on it if you want. It was very easy to reapply, too. There is also a clear one for the track pad that is also removable and can be reapplied.

I use the exact same product, no complaints yet feels soft on palm.

let me know if you wants a picture of it.

whyzdom

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2011
I have the moshi on my 2011 15" MBP. I didn't install the trackpad piece because I was mainly concerned about my watch scratching the palmrest edge.
I installed the moshi on my system that already had a speck case. The tabs on the palmrest caused a bubble in the moshi, so I made a tiny cutout in the shape of the tabs and you can't even see it unless you really look.

I had to do the same. I have the Satin Speck and it caused the edge to bubble on the Moshi so I cut it out. Works very well. I also use a Moshi clear keyboard protector.

nikhsub1

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2007
mmmm... jessica.'s beer...

I had to do the same. I have the Satin Speck and it caused the edge to bubble on the Moshi so I cut it out. Works very well. I also use a Moshi clear keyboard protector.
Make that 3 :D I like the Moshi (I had a Marware on my 2007 MBP) a lot. If you didn't know there was the guard on there, it is pretty hard to see it blends in very well. The soft faux leathery ones are nice to the feel but they look like crap and they don't wear well at all, although they do protect the palmrest.

Pngwyn

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2008
I just got a Moshi Palmguard for my new MBP a few weeks ago..

A lot of people say it doesn't leave residue, but most people are saying this after just a few weeks, or instant removal to reposition. I don't really think this is a fair conclusion to draw from such a short period of time.

Is there anyone who has removed their Moshi Palmguards after a year+ with little to no residue? I have been searching high and low for a post or two where people are saying their MBP's are residue free after at least 6 months.

My understanding is all residue can be cleaned off anyways, right?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.