Palmtop Advice

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by bingefeller, Dec 12, 2008.

1. bingefeller macrumors 6502

Hey guys,

I'm thinking of getting a palmtop for christmas and was wondering if anyone would have suggestions of what would be suitable. I basically want it to use the internet when I'm at work and out and about. I'd also be using the other apps such as calendar, address book etc.

Could anyone suggest me something suitable? I'd be looking to pay nothing more than £200.... Would I even get something decent for this price?

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

3. bingefeller thread starter macrumors 6502

No.....I don't really want to make phone calls, play music or watch videos on the device. :):cool:

4. iSee macrumors 68040

iSee

How about an iPod Touch?

It has a great web browser.
    It has all the PDA apps you could wish for, and they are nice.
    Plus email and a lot more.

And since you won't be storing music or video, the lowest capacity version willl have plenty of space.

5. bingefeller thread starter macrumors 6502

I had thought about the iPod touch but wasn't really sure about it.....I kinda thought that it would perhaps be somewhat of a waste seeing as how I wouldn't really want to use it for music or films.

6. Cameront9 macrumors 6502a

Cameront9

I agree with the iPod touch. If you want something that is JUST a PDA and NOT a phone, it's probably the best choice on the market right now. Palm is in the gutter right now and haven't offered a decent device in years. Everything else is pretty much a phone.

7. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

If you want something with a bit more oomph than the touch, there's also the Nokia N800/810 internet tablets.

8. Vulcan macrumors 65816

Vulcan

As of I got my iPod Touch with my new Mac, I haven't even touched my $299 HP iPAQ that I bought in Feb this year.

Unless having excel on it and being able to view powerpoints is a must, go for the iPod Touch.