Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

madlymocha

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2008
I actually like palringo. I've been using beejive since I got my iphone and just switched to palringo. I use it with yahoo and have had no problems connecting or sending messages. I also downloaded the mobilchat app and so far, I don't like it at all. I will continue to try all 3 services until I can fully decide on which one to keep. I wish that the iPhone would run a native message app, but that would use sms and even the native apps have problems. I guess everyone has to decide which one is the right one for them.

vega07

macrumors 65816
Aug 7, 2006
palringo is a blessing compared to mobilechat. just downloaded mobilechat to test it out and I couldn't get it to work.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
I just stumbled upon this app and I love it...been using it with yahoo/aim and it works flawlessly. Can't wait for Apple to allow background processes so I can leave it running

bradneal

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2008
I just stumbled upon this app and I love it...been using it with yahoo/aim and it works flawlessly. Can't wait for Apple to allow background processes so I can leave it running

Without it running in the background so that one is instantly notified of a message, what is the advantage to these wannabe messaging apps over basic email?

-Brad

nikrosa

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2007
Solution!

Try downloading the client for your PC or Mac and add the accounts through that. You can then delete the app and try connecting to Palringo on your iPhone. The accounts you entered through the PC/Mac client should work at that point.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.