Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

moka

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 11, 2008
now how did this happen? this is the scenario, i woke up checked my email on the iphone, a couple hours later (keeping in mind i did not use my iphone during this time at all) signed into palringo there where a couple of my friends online, closed palringo and was eating a snack, about 1-2 minutes after i have shut of palringo (the phone was not on sleep but on, listening to music) i notice the 1 on the palringo application, opened it up and to find out i have received a message from one of my friends at and around the same time i noticed the 1 on the palringo application....

i ask again, how did this happen? to my knowledge (iphone never jailbroken) none of the applications are allowed to run in the background.

Attachments

• screen capture (6).PNG
    screen capture (6).PNG
    96.9 KB · Views: 138

heya

macrumors member
Aug 27, 2008
i was going to say, may be backgrounder kept it active but you mentioned that's not the case...may be somehow that application didn't close properly and was running in the background somehow...I am sure you won't be able to replicate that...

moka

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 11, 2008
i tried everything i could to replicate that during the past couple days with no success at all...

kickpush

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2008
New York
palringo has had this feature for awhile.

It displays the number of unread messages when you exit the app on the badge. It is not running in the background.

Attachments

• untitled2.JPG
    untitled2.JPG
    24.1 KB · Views: 96

moka

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 11, 2008
i have never had this happen to me ever before, i am always able to close the application, and then 5-10min later sign on and find the unread messages that i missed while the application was not running anymore, but never the notification on the actual application while it was closed for a min or two.

anyone experience anything like this?

kickpush

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2008
New York
i have never had this happen to me ever before, i am always able to close the application, and then 5-10min later sign on and find the unread messages that i missed while the application was not running anymore, but never the notification on the actual application while it was closed for a min or two.

anyone experience anything like this?

yes, it's a feature; read the release notes update... (I even posted a screen shot) it's not a secret conspiracy... I promise.

moka

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 11, 2008
i do realize its a feature, and have read your post, but the problem is, its not happening anymore. can you explain why if its a feature?

dccorona

macrumors 68020
Jun 12, 2008
i do realize its a feature, and have read your post, but the problem is, its not happening anymore. can you explain why if its a feature?

you must have received a message as it was closing
it displays number of unread messages ON EXIT
so if you have unread messages when you close it, it will show them
not when it recives them while closed

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.