Panasonic AG-HMC40 and FCE

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by CTMoore, Jan 12, 2010.

1. CTMoore macrumors member

CTMoore

I started teaching a video production class and I've been given a grant for a nice chunk of change and I've been looking at the Panasonic AG-HMC40's and would like to know if they work with Final Cut Express. I've read it works fine with FCP, but I'm not sure how stripped down FCE is and whether or not this camera is compatible. I've also thought about buying the low-end iMac's that were released. (trying to save money if possible) But we can go with the $1500 but just can't get as many machine's as I'd like.

I'd like to get some opinion's from those of you out there.

2. martinX macrumors 6502a

martinX

Should work nicely together. However ... as the keeper (and spender) of someone else's money, I'd suggest you make friends with a Mac dealer that deals with professional video solutions. Also make friends with the pro Panasonic dealer. And then check it our for real. Only you will know what is "compatible", what is "works OK together" and what is "nicely matched".

San Tan Valley, with a population of about 80 000, should have pro dealers and if you start waving $$ around, they'll be only too happy to help.