Panasonic DMC-ZS3 & Imovie Problem

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Gordon90s, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Gordon90s macrumors newbie

Hi everyone!

Edit : Problem almost solved, juste need to slow down a couple of videos!

I recently bought a Panasonic DMC-ZS3 which uses AVCHD Lite as video format.

Apple did an update of Imovie recently, so that Imovie can now import the video directly from the camera.

When you plug in the camera, Imovie can read the video from it right away, but the problem is once the video is imported, when you read the video now from the computer (still with Imovie), it is read at twice the regular speed. I found out that I was not the only one who experienced that problem. I tried everything on Imovie but with no success.

I have also downloaded the raw format (.mts) on my computer (almost all the videos I took, except 3 - 4 that I only have on Imovie now, at speed x2) which I can read with vlc, but this time the quality does suffer a little bit.

I think I could export the video from Imovie, then read it in slow motion with vlc, but that's not exacly what I want to do...

Can anyone help me please?

I hope that the quality of my video did not suffer because of the x2 import, but I fear it's gonna be the case...

P.S. : I have know the latest Imovie (09 with the latest updates). Right now all the videos I imported are at speed x2, I reupdated today, don't know if it still does the x2 with new videos, I'll try it later.

Thanks in advance for your help!

2. Gordon90s thread starter macrumors newbie

Imovie reupdated, it now works with the new videos I import.

Problem almost solved, I just need to change the reading speed of 4 videos (doesn't need to be Imovie).

Does anyone know how I can do that?

3. matteusclement macrumors 65816

matteusclement

4. Gordon90s thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, I do have a couple of videos who play at twice the regular speed when I open them and not only with imovie, if I open it with vlc it does the same.

Isn't there a slowmotion mode in Imovie?

5. matteusclement macrumors 65816

matteusclement

i don't fully understand WHY that is happening, but my guess is that you have whack footage that needs to be re-imported.

is it too late for that?

6. Gordon90s thread starter macrumors newbie

It's too late for like 3 - 4 videos.

For the rest I still have the raw video which I can reimport via Imovie.

7. matteusclement macrumors 65816

matteusclement

find a friend who has Final cut of any kind and change the speed.
    other than that, I don't know of any program that does it. iMovie is unknown to me. sorry:(