Panasonic Hcm150 Help...

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by RunOverProducti, May 2, 2010.

1. RunOverProducti macrumors regular

I'm trying to find out what's the best way to burn a DVD in good quality with the PANASONIC HCM 150 using Final Cut Pro? I've been trying to figure it out with no luck at the end...Can anyone help me please?

Thanks

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

If you have Final Cut Pro, you might have DVD Studio Pro, which is for DVD authoring.

Maybe you can describe what steps you have already taken, from getting the footage off the camera onto a DVD, so we don't guess around.

What sequence settings do you use with Final Cut Pro?

Even though some might get annoyed of reading this, the thread title guy strikes again:

A more descriptive and precise thread title will help cater to the right audience and get you more responses.
    To edit your thread title, just click on the [​IMG] button on the bottom right of your original post and then click the "Go Advanced" button below your message.

Have you also taken a look at http://mroogle.*************/MRoogleSmall.gif, since that question may have been asked several times?

3. RunOverProducti thread starter macrumors regular

Hi thanks,

I've tried exporting to compressor using Quick Time Conversion (not sure what settings but I played around) now I'm trying to use "SHARE" to make the DVD inside of Final Cut Pro...Still processing...

Thanks

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Why don't you use DVD Studio Pro? Don't you have it? It's part of Final Cut Studio.

It would be really helpful for us (in order to help you) if you could give us more information, like the steps you have taken including the settings you used in them.

As far as I know, that camera uses the H264 codec to record the video and it also has several modi for recording, like 1060i/p and 720p and so forth.
    What did you use?
    How did you get the video into FCP and what import settings did you use with what codec?

What is the final deliver meant for - PAL or NTSC?

5. RunOverProducti thread starter macrumors regular

I used Log and transfer to get the video from SD card to Final cut pro, I can upload a video to youtube in HD with no problem (that's what I really have the camera for) now that I need to make one DVD I have to keep trying till I get it right.

I canceled the what I was doing with DVD, I'm sending the video to compressor...should I use best quality 90minutes or encoded 90minutes...do I have to make any additional settings? After that I burn it on dvd studio pro right?

6. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

I've used the DVD: Best Quality 90 minutes template and it worked fine with me. It was with PAL SD footage, so I didn't have any problems.

I don't know about HD though, and as you haven't told us, what format you used (1080p/i or 720p) and what broadcast system your country uses (PAL or NTSC or even SECAM), I can only guess.

Be sure to use the right settings in DVD Studio Pro (like PAL or NTSC, 16:9 and so forth) and make a test burn.

Final Cut Pro and DVD Studio Pro come with manuals, which explain it in more detail on what you have to pay attention to. Maybe give it a read, it even has search function. It helped me a lot.

7. RunOverProducti thread starter macrumors regular

it's 1080p/i or 720p NTSC...I'm gonna do a test run, I'm gonna make the video 30 seconds and waste a couple of dvds and see what happens...Thanks

8. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

You can use DVD-RWs or even not burn them and just use the BUILD button to make AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders on the HDD, which you can play back via DVD Player or VLC. But know that a computer display does not show the image like a TV would.

9. RunOverProducti thread starter macrumors regular

Ok, I will let you know how I'm doing...I'm gonna have to see how it plays on the dvd player...