Panasonic LCS? Pics?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Joshuarocks, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Joshuarocks macrumors 6502

Joshuarocks

Hello,

Just for keeps and grins, I wanted to know if anyone with a LCS based PM G5 who has the Panasonic version to please post some pics of it. I have never seen what the Panasonic version looks like.

The pics I'd like to see are for the Quad G5's and possibly the dual 2.7's from Early 2005.

Thanks

2. Behemecoatyl macrumors member

Only the quad has it from the last few months. Mines working perfectly, I'm not about to pull it apart for pictures.

3. Joshuarocks thread starter macrumors 6502

Joshuarocks

Does it resemble that of the two big black boxed one? Thats the one I have, but having had this Quad 2.5 years back I never had problems with it. I also read that the Quad's failure rating is around 1 percent compared to the dual 2.5 from 2004 and dual 2.7 from early 2005 - am I correct?

4. zen.state macrumors 68020

zen.state

Not correct at all. Even the most reliable G5 ever (dual 2.3) has a failure rate of 11%. The worst is the first gen. dual 2.0GHz at 32%. No G5 model could ever even dream of having a single digit failure rate.

G5 tower reliability research results based on actual Apple service records

5. zen.state macrumors 68020

zen.state

I have a full collection of Apple service manuals and found this in the dual 2.7 take apart guide. The photos are not very detailed but it does show the 2 different cooling systems.

[​IMG]

6. Joshuarocks thread starter macrumors 6502

Joshuarocks

7. Joshuarocks, Apr 5, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2011

Joshuarocks thread starter macrumors 6502

Joshuarocks

The revision 2 is what I have.. the delphi you have pictured here is NOT what I have.. but even so, the person whom I bought the G5 from never ever had LCS problems at all, compared to those with dual 2.5 2004 and dual 2.7 early 2005 models.

What about the different versions for the G5 Quad or late 2005 model? I, too have the service guide for my model G5, and no mention of Panasonic is in the manual.. only the revision 2 and some other one is listed.