Pandora background doesn't work now?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hustler, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Hustler macrumors 6502

Hustler

I recently updated to pandora version 3.1.3 (my iPhone is on 4.0) and have lost ability to background music played by pandora. Is there a new setting I must choose to enable this? Or is this a new 'feature' of the latest pandora, or a flaw?
    I deleted the app, re downloaded it from the app store and it still happens.
    If I delete pandora from my phone and re- sync with I tunes will I be able to load the LAST version of pandora to my phone?
    Thanks for any advice
    Brad

2. b-rad g macrumors 6502a

b-rad g

I recently updated Pandora and i"m on 4.0.2 and mine backgrounding.

3. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

Try rebooting. I see that you deleted / reinstalled. Did you reboot yet though? If not try it.

I had the same problem where it would play while in app. As soon as I minimized the app though it would quit playing. Tried to kill the app, reload.. It still stopped when minimized.

Rebooted. Worked fine again.

For the other part of your question. You can get the old pandora in one of two ways.

1) If you updated the app on your phone but you haven't synced with itunes yet (which would also update pandora in itunes) and you haven't updated your itunes apps. If you delete from phone and reinstall pandora from itunes it would give you your old version back.

2) If you did update itunes apps and/or synced phone with itunes, but didn't empty trash. By default your old version apps go there till you empty the trash.

Try to reboot though. I be that's it.

4. Hook'Em2006 macrumors 6502

I was having the same problem. Thanks OneMike, that fixed mine.

5. Hustler thread starter macrumors 6502

Hustler

Onemike, rebooting worked great for me too!
    Thank you very much for the tip on that. I was seriously bummed pandora wouldn't background play, that was my favorite feature on 4.0 ios.
    Again, thanks.
    Brad

6. Hustler thread starter macrumors 6502

Hustler

It's back to not multi tasking now.
    I'll try to update my ios version

7. labman macrumors 604

labman

Been having this issue as well I figured it was tied into my Jailbreaking. sounds like it's abet buggy I'm guessing there wil be another update shortly. 3 restores latter lol. I should have guessed since Pandora is the only one I noticed crashing. also happens to be one of my favorite apps.