Pandora burning through battery?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Stevessvt, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Stevessvt macrumors 6502

I typically stream my own music from Google music, or use Rhapsody, but this morning I streamed Pandora. I will unplug right before leaving for work and typically get to work with still 100% on my 6. This morning after Pandora it was at 95%, and it was pretty hot to the touch. Is this typical? I cant see why Pandora would use so much more battery streaming over the other two streaming.
    Any idea's?
    Thanks

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, streaming will eat up battery and cause your phone to heat up.
    If you're in an area with fluctuating signal it will eat up even more battery.
    That's normal, I wont expect to stream audio and be still at 100% full battery.
    We would all like to have our cake too:D

3. Stevessvt thread starter macrumors 6502

I appreciate the response, but what I'm saying is I stream everyday either Google music or Rhapsody, and always have 100% battery after using them for about 15 minutes on my drive to work, when I get to work. This morning instead I used Pandora and it heated up much, much more than normal and it was down to 95% when I got to work. Just seeing if anyone has experienced this abnormal battery usage by Pandora.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I don't know, streaming music for 15 minutes over carrier data and the battery staying at 100% doesn't sound right. 95% makes more sense, so I think you're worrying over nothing.
    I wouldn't call that abnormal battery use.

5. Stevessvt thread starter macrumors 6502

I did it again, streamed Rhapsody for 13 minutes this morning, on 4G, I have LTE turned off to save battery, and arrived with 100%. Pandora from 15 minutes of usage yesterday is still showing #3 for battery used in last 24 hours. This after gaming and lots of Youtube (all on 4G, no wifi). I went ahead and uninstalled it, maybe just a bad download.