Pandora Internet Radio not working on my MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by No Regrets, Feb 22, 2012.

1. No Regrets macrumors regular

I just received my new MBP...my first Mac ever! I wanted to sign into Pandora and it wouldn't let me. A pop up came onto the screen and said that I must have Adobe Flash version 10 or later installed.

I have to apologize as I am very much technically challenged. How do I determine if I have Adobe Flash installed and if so, what version do I have.

If I do not have the right version, how do I go about safely installing what I need?

Thank you for any help that you are able to give me.

2. iforbes macrumors 6502

3. No Regrets thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you for your response and sharing the link. I will give this a try tonight!

4. No Regrets thread starter macrumors regular

Well, this definitely worked. Thank you.

Another quick question, if I may ask.....

When using the "Private" browsing through Safari, it seems as though I cannot log into Pandora. When I turn off the "Private" browsing, I am able to log into Pandora.

Why is this? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

5. eagandale4114, Feb 23, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2012

eagandale4114 macrumors 65816

eagandale4114

Private browsing blocks cookies from being transmitted by safari. Pandora relies on cookies and blocking it won't allow it to know who you are and pandora will therefor refuse to work. To disable private browsing click on the private button at the end of the url (Pic 1) or go in the menu bar and go to Safari>Private Browsing (Pic 2) then click on the ok button. (Pic 3)

What is private browsing?

Attached Files:

6. MonkeyBrainz macrumors regular

MonkeyBrainz

Don't use private browsing, it disables the storage/use of cookies, which is required to log into Pandora, or any other site for that matter. If you're concerned about privacy just use the reset safari option every once in a while and that'll delete your history and cookies.

7. thundersteele macrumors 68030

Private browsing makes the website not remember who you are... if Pandora doesn't know who you are, they won't let you stream music. Seems to be working as intended.

8. No Regrets thread starter macrumors regular

A big thank you to each and everyone of you for helping me with this. I'm pretty technically challenged and Mac is completely new to me, so I have a pretty steep learning curve ahead of me.

You all have been great though. Thanks much!

9. eagandale4114 macrumors 65816

eagandale4114

If you REALLY want to use pandora and private browsing there is a workaround.
    1) Log into pandora with private browsing turned off.
    2) Turn private browsing on.
    3) Pandora will have paused the track. Press the play button and it will resume.

You cannot however RELOAD the page with private browsing turned on.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask. The community is for the most part great. Ignore the trolls.:)

10. No Regrets thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the tip! I appreciate it. I understand about the trolls...unfortunately, it seems all forums have them to some degree.