Pandora Launches Voice Assistant in iOS App

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jan 15, 2019.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Following in the footsteps of Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa, Pandora today launched its own voice assistant available within its iOS and Android apps. When the app is opened, users can turn on "voice mode" and say "Hey Pandora," asking the assistant to play their music, podcasts, radio stations and more connected to the streaming music service.

[​IMG]

Similar to Siri, Pandora will also be able to respond to more vague commands to play music, like asking to "play something new," "play more like this," "play music I like," and more. According to Pandora chief product officer Chris Phillips, voice searches will be personalized for each user and informed by their listening habits on the service.
    This means that when users ask to "play something new," each person will see different results, and the assistant will showcase these recommendations in various forms. Some listeners might see a playlist, while others will get an album, singular new song, or a radio station.

All voice mode features can be found in the Pandora app's search bar next to the magnifying glass.
    Voice mode will be available for all Pandora users, both those on its free tier and those paying for Pandora Premium. The feature is launching today for some users on the Pandora iOS and Android apps, and it will continue to roll out for more users over the next few months.

Article Link: Pandora Launches Voice Assistant in iOS App

2. nburwell macrumors 601

nburwell

Hmmm, interesting. Although I can't tell you the last time I even opened the Pandora app on my iPhone and Apple TV.

3. mmomega macrumors demi-god

mmomega

I don't believe I've used Pandora since it was released.

4. Howyalikdemapls macrumors 6502

I just wish Siri could open Pandora so I don’t have to fiddle with my phone before driving.

5. genovelle macrumors 6502a

It can. You have been able to open any app on the iphone by voice, since even before Siri