pandora not running in background ios 4.2.1

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by TonyBaloney, Nov 23, 2010.

1. TonyBaloney macrumors regular

Hey all, I cant get pandora to play music in the background on my ipad after I loaded ios 4.2.1. Everything seems to have updated fine including multitasking. Pandora even appears in the multitasking bar but there is not music. any help? thanks

2. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Everything shows up in the multitasking bar, even applications that don't multitask. I think that Pandora just needs to be updated by the developer to take advantage of multitasking on the iPad.

3. Pinger macrumors regular

That's strange, Pandora has worked running in the background through iOS 4.2GM, GM-b, 4.2.1 and the final release of iOS 4.2.1.. I never did an update in any instance... Actualy running right now as I write this.. Maybe a reinstall of Pandora might do the trick for you..

4. Airmark1 macrumors regular

My Pandora background is working just fine for me.

4.2.1 on iPad

Using right now as I post this.

5. b.c. macrumors 6502

Pandora 3.1.5 works fine in background for me on both iPad and iPhone 3GS running iOS 4.2.1

6. driedell macrumors newbie

Similar problem with video

I'm having a similar problem. With iOS 4.1 I could have the audio from my TV shows and movies running in the background while my screen was off or I was using other apps, but with 4.2.1 I have to have the screen on and keep my iPod within the video app.

Does anyone have a workaround for this?