Pandora or Last.fm

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by stylesjl, Jul 20, 2008.

1. stylesjl macrumors newbie

I have been messing around with both of these apps lately. I'm trying to figure out which really is the best. As I don't want to keep simular apps to clutter up my screen even more.

I have been using both and they seem select different music for you. I put in Tiesto and the same radio on each comes up with different music. It seems Pandora is a bit more accurate on playing artists with simular sounds but I'm not sure how this will be in the long run.

Anyway which app do you prefer and why?

And any tips on how the "music genome project" works compared to what last.fm uses to play you simular tracks.

2. knoxtown macrumors 6502

I like Pandora. I've been using the computer version for a long time, so I wouldn't switch. :cool:

3. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

Pandora is much more than just a thumbs up/thumbs down service. It is a comprhensive review and database of as much music as possible in order to tie together similar music for people to listen to...

I don't know anything about last.fm, but if I had to guess, their scope is nowhere near as profound, impactful, nor as interesting.

4. RNSheets macrumors member

RNSheets

I love Pandora. I got the app for my iPhone and ITP as well for my iMac.

Have you tried AOL Radio yet? That's pretty good.

5. Eärendil Guest

They are different.

Last.fm offers neighbor radio (people with similar tastes in music), play your playlists or recommended radio for you.

(Pandora is us only which sucks.)

Your can see your friends, charts, events and tags.. You can even start a new station.

It depends on what you like.

6. tsice19 macrumors 6502a

tsice19

I use both Pandora and Last FM.

Both are good. Last FM is good for it's full track service they know had, and Pandora is better at finding music I like.

7. bobertoq macrumors 6502a

I love Pandora. I use the computer version. I don't own an iPhone.... but it is still awesome. I have seen a video of the iPhone app in use, and I have to say it looks awesome!

8. severe macrumors 6502a

Haven't used Last.fm, but I've noticed that Pandora's audio quality's really lacking. Enough that I've moved on.

Goes to show what's been said for years; most people just don't care about the sound quality of their music libraries. It's a shame, because otherwise the app runs well.

Is Last's quality an better?

9. mrzeve macrumors 6502a

10. gentlegiantcrai macrumors regular

If you have used Last.fm to scrobble your music before, then I would recommend Last, because it is able to show you music you like in general without having to type a particular artist or song title, because it knows you.

11. Galley macrumors 65816

Galley

I've scrobbled 35,000 tracks on my Last.fm page, so I'm a little biased. :)

12. Mac In School macrumors 65816

Pandora for listening.

Last.FM for scrobbling.

13. nburwell macrumors 68030

nburwell