"Pandora" Or "Simplify Media 2" Stream Over Car USB Port??

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by olimits7, Oct 4, 2009.

1. olimits7 macrumors member

Hi,

Does anyone know if it's possible to stream either "Pandora" or "Simplify Media 2" over a car that has a USB connection for either an iPod/iPhone??

I have an Acura TSX which comes with a direct USB port that I can plug my iPod in and it plays music, however, when I try to connect my iPhone while playing "Pandora" or "Simplify Media 2" if says that the device does not work and asks me if I want to switch to "Airplane Mode".

I don't understand why this doesn't work. It works fine when I plug my iPhone to one of those iPod speaker players while running "Pandora" or "Simplify Media 2", but for some reason it doesn't work on my Acura TSX USB connection.

If I'm not able to do this then I'll probably switch to the 32GB iPhone so I can load all my music on the actual hard drive instead of trying to stream the music.

Please let me know if anyone has had any success streaming music in a car with a USB connection. If not is there a bluetooth method I can use??

Thank you,

olimits7

2. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

What happens when you say no to airplane mode?

I ask because my car's USB connection gives that popup too, but it works perfectly well. I just say no, and do what I want with it.

3. cytoxyn macrumors regular

cytoxyn

I know that my aftermarket ipod ready stereo does stream music from pandora and slacker. just have to load the app.