Pandora outside of U.S? (IP4S 5.1.1)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by imDanielWood, Jun 3, 2012.

1. imDanielWood macrumors member

Is it possible? I'd love too use it from what I've seen of it, I've tried the VPN tactic with HotspotShield, doesn't work... I am jail broken.

Thanks guys, I'd love too be able too access it.

2. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

Theres a tweak in cydia that will spoof your location I've never used it and don't know the name. Locaholic maybe? Not sure it's even compatible with 5.1.1. Worth a shot though.

3. imDanielWood thread starter macrumors member

Unfortunately I can't seem to find Locaholic, the only location spoofing tweak I did find didn't work, I think it was for the gps, not IP. :(

4. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

I looked it up. The one I was thinking of is called locationholic and it looks like for the current iOS you also need locationholic fixer. Is that the one you tried? It says it works for find my friends. Maybe it'll work for pandora?

5. imDanielWood thread starter macrumors member

I think the tweak you speak of is just to fake the location of your gps. To be able to use pandora I need to find a way to fake a U.S IP, as Pandora looks at the IP location and not GPS location, but I'll still give it a shot, I'll get back to you and let you know if it worked.

6. imDanielWood thread starter macrumors member

It seems I have it working for now, I'm using an app I got from the apple app store, called 'HotspotShield'. Which set a VPN up for me. I think it's only a free trial though.. :( Does anybody know of a free VPN?

Also, does Having VPN on drain battery?

Thanks.

7. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

Ahhhh I see. Sorry I couldn't be more help. If I come across something I'll be sure to post it.

8. jsquared macrumors 6502

jsquared

OP did you ever find a solution? I'm about to take a trip and I'd like to be able to use pandora on beach.

9. imDanielWood thread starter macrumors member

The one I posted above is a 7 day free trial, all you have to do is install the app from the app store and install the VPN settings... The VPN seems to disconnect after a while though, but rarely. Basically just turn VPN on after setting up that app and your good to go.

I'm still looking for a more permanent solution, as this VPN seems to slightly slow my network speed and it isn't free after 7 days.

So I'm still open to ideas if anybody has any?