Pandora Premium Launches Monthly Discounts for Students and Military Subscribers

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, May 7, 2019.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Pandora Premium today announced new discounted subscriptions offered to students and members of the military.

[​IMG]

Just like offerings from Apple Music and Spotify, students will now be able to pay just $4.99/month for the Pandora Student Plan, compared to $9.99/month for everyone else. Premium offers subscribers the chance to listen to music on-demand and ad-free, and includes features like personalized playlists, radio stations, and more.

The Pandora Military Plan will also provide a discount to active military and vets, priced at $7.99/month. Those who can take advantage of this discount include active duty, reservists, retirees, veterans, and military family members. Both the Pandora Military Plan and Pandora Student Plan include a 60-day free trial.

Originally a live radio streaming service only, Pandora launched its on-demand music streaming platform in 2017 in an effort to compete with Apple Music and Spotify. The company continuously updates its iOS app, in January introducing a voice assistant to help subscribers quickly play music and jump around the app.

Although student discounts are common, a price cut for individuals in the military is not offered by either Apple Music or Spotify. Tidal, however, does have a few military-related discounts, starting at $5.99 for a basic monthly plan and rising to $11.99 per month for a Hi-Fi audio plan.

Article Link: Pandora Premium Launches Monthly Discounts for Students and Military Subscribers

2. Joniz macrumors regular

Well, seeing that I’m the only person in the world that still uses Pandora apparently, and I am no longer a student or in the military, I don’t get why they’re doing this.

3. vertical smile, May 7, 2019
    Last edited: May 7, 2019

vertical smile macrumors 68040

vertical smile

I might be interested in using the veterans discount, as I use the free-version Pandora more than any other music streaming service.

But, imo Pandora has gotten really buggy over the past 8 month. Sometimes, it just doesn't work.

It is free and ad-supported, so I really am not going to complain about it, but if I started paying a sub for it, discount or not, I would expect a lot less bugs and glitches.

Maybe I will try the trial.

4. JetTester macrumors 6502

Nice gesture. Hopefully it will benefit a lot of military and students.

5. racerhomie macrumors 6502

racerhomie

I use Pandora too. They integrate with Siri better.

6. Lounge vibes 05 macrumors regular