Panerai strap with leather band hardware?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by wthomas86, May 5, 2015.

1. wthomas86 macrumors member

Anyone know or tested out if a Panerai strap will work with the leather band hardware? I love their straps

2. MarcW macrumors member

MarcW

If you mean width, then 22mm Panerai straps should fit but the length may be an issue since standard PAM OEM straps are pretty short (depending in your wrist, of course). The more typical 24mm PAM straps might be a squeeze but I plan to give it a try when my Apple strap shows up (May sometime), though again, length could be an issue except some for some longer third-party straps I have.

3. wthomas86 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah I put some of my panerai straps up to my watch buckle and they should fit perfect. The biggest restriction I see is the hole for the metal rod not being big enough on certain straps. I would just unscrew it and give it a try but I don't have the right screwdriver to get those tiny screws off!

4. wileycoyote macrumors member

I bought the right screwdriver, a paneria style band and deployment clasp yesterday. Should be here tomorrow, which gives me a day to try it out before my link band arrives.

Big, thick band; 22mm, 20mm at the buckle, 5mm at the lug. Will post back once I try it out. Bit worried about the thickness.

5. wthomas86 thread starter macrumors member

I hope it works! I love my deployment clasp and would love for it to work! I'm curious which screwdriver you are going to use? Also, let me know how it all works out.

6. rhsmd1 macrumors member

check out
    www.strappedfortime.com
    i use them all the time for bands for tag, omega, breitling watches.
    excellent quality and service.

7. Xenious macrumors 6502a

I was looking at doing something similar. How did this work out?

8. aawil macrumors 6502a

aawil

9. Mac2me, Jan 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2016

Mac2me macrumors 6502a

Not sure if this helps answer your question but I ordered several of these bands for Panerai in different colors and have them on the spring pin adapter from Freedomoclock on ebay. And they will fit on the classic as well. These bands came with tubes installed which I was able to push out and thread the band on the adapter spring pins. Good fit. You do have to be careful with the thickness of the band so they will be able to fit on the spring pin and still have room to fit in the lug space when installed.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161439906267?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&var=460479505918&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

According to the chart for the above, the thickness goes from 6mm to 4mm. It's padded so I'm not sure if the 6mm refers to the padded area or not. What you need to care most about is the thickness at the lug end. I don't have a caliper to check unfortunately. The length of the separate band parts is also important as to where the buckle will land on your wrist. I like the chart Desarri provides for sizing. Most companies don't provide as much info.

BTW I have some bands that didn't come with tubes and it was a struggle on some of them to fit the spring pin through the holes. Sometimes you can widen the hole but not always. I actually liked the Panerai tube version bands for this very reason and I did try to leave the tubes in but the spring pins that came with the adapters were too wide to fit in.

Here's a photo with the band on the spring pin and one showing it attached to a classic adapter.

IMG_4833.jpg IMG_4838.JPG