Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

0r30

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2010
Texas
I'm stuck at the apple logo now...doing a dfu restore and see.

Was able to JB, then when I enabled passcode and touchid, then do a restore, it got stuck at the apple logo.

Yea.. I did not enable passcode or touch id until after I restored from my back up.

dereknas

macrumors 6502
Jun 4, 2014
Yea.. I did not enable passcode or touch id until after I restored from my back up.
So you're able to run properly now?

Means I don't turn on these 2 things until after the restore? It's a long wait for it to download the 8,1 and restore.

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
Just jailbroken both my iPhone 6 Plus (8.1) and Air 2 (8.1) via Windows 8.1 x64 in Parallels.

No problems at all so far ... process was smooth.

Edit: I backed up beforehand but did NOT restore as new before jailbreaking. I also didn't enable touch id/passcode and find my iPhone until I'd run cydia and it rebooted.

0r30

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2010
Texas
So you're able to run properly now?

Means I don't turn on these 2 things until after the restore? It's a long wait for it to download the 8,1 and restore.

I have been running properly the whole time.

What I did initially was just leave the phone as if it was new with none of my info. No touch id or passcode no icloud set up. Skipped inputting my itunes email.

I set to the iphone to airplane mode(Pangu application tells you to do it) then did the jailbreak. Pangu will then do its thing and say the jailbreak was successful.

That is when I unpluged and plugged the iphone back into my laptop and selected restore from the back up I had created this morning.

Hope this info helps

P.S. Speed Intensifier really speed things up on my 6+

MatthewStorm

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2003
Chapel Hill
Haven't jailbroken in years as I just switched back from Android. If I do this can I use all the functions of the new iphone such as Apple Pay and the fingerprint scan? Thnx!

ross1998

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2013
Is any one else having the problem where if you try to add a new contact the phone app crashes? Trying to see if it's problem with cydia/Pangu or one of the tweaks I installed

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
Is any one else having the problem where if you try to add a new contact the phone app crashes? Trying to see if it's problem with cydia/Pangu or one of the tweaks I installed

Jus added a contact successfully from the phone app ... 6 Plus 8.1 Pangu 1.1

whirldy

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2011
Within
pangu 1.1 is out

The Pangu App (1.0.0 w/ Cydia 1.1.15 and Untether 0.2) keeps advising to update (see attached image). Then does nothing but respring, changing nothing? What should we do? Re-jailbreak?

B1Skqe-CUAAQljJ.jpg

Last edited:

CooKieMoNs7eR

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2009
So should I go ahead and jailbreak? this is stable enough? anything I should know before jailbreaking?

iF34R

macrumors 65816
Jul 13, 2011
South Carolina
Just j/b my iPhone 6 (iOS 8.1). I used Parallels 9, Windows 8.1. Worked fine.

I tried it with Windows 10 Tech, but it didn't work for me on there. The j/b program didn't recognize my phone being connected.

Gmcube

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2009
Just jailbroke, seemed to go okay. Took a few tries to get the button to turn blue but other than that no problems. One of the easier jailbreaks I've done.

Now, does anyone know of a working tweak that will give me back things like shadows under the icons?

CooKieMoNs7eR

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2009
Just jailbroke guys....what a smooth process, make sure you restore your iPhone before jailbreaking, also disable iCloud and any passcodes you have enabled, took 3-5 minutes and was done...also some youtube videos show that you have to install cydia through the pangu app, mine was pre installed as soon as the phone rebooted.

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
Just jailbroke, seemed to go okay. Took a few tries to get the button to turn blue but other than that no problems. One of the easier jailbreaks I've done.

Now, does anyone know of a working tweak that will give me back things like shadows under the icons?

IconOMatic does this and works on iOS 8.1. Using it now.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
The Pangu App (1.0.0 w/ Cydia 1.1.15 and Untether 0.2) keeps advising to update (see attached image). Then does nothing but respring, changing nothing? What should we do? Re-jailbreak?

Also have that issue, but the jailbreak was fine due to updating everything through Cydia.

lakerchick4life

macrumors 65816
Oct 14, 2007
I just purchased the new iPad Air 2 and before I do the jailbreak I have some questions..do I have to turn airplane mode ON before I do this and also Touch ID and passcode OFF..but once the jailbreak is done then I can turn it back on and it will work again? Secondly..the issue that some have had with safari crashing is that just sporadic or is that a widespread issue? The Pangu app icon that Ive seen on youtube videos after the jailbreak is complete, is that always there or is it kind of like the old jailbreaks where it can be deleted(or is it best to keep it) Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.