Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
whenever i right click the gear icon in the top left, it just says "show toolbar" or "show status bar". am i clicking the wrong settings icon?

what about left clicking settings?

there should be a tab that allows you to link the USB 2.0 ports to virtualbox's OS instead of your mac's OS

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
how did you get usb to work? i can't seem to fix it. I'm on mavericks, and ran 8.1 enterprise preview in virtual box. can't seem to bridge the usb ports to connect devices.

i didnt do anything special really. i just installed windows 8 within VM Fusion and when i pöug in my iPhone i get a popup asking me if i want to run it on the mac or within windows

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
i didnt do anything special really. i just installed windows 8 within VM Fusion and when i pöug in my iPhone i get a popup asking me if i want to run it on the mac or within windows

he's using virtualbox so the steps are probably different than VM Fusion

dweezle3

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2010
Earth
virtualbox.

Xbox is right, I had the same issue as you. You need to enable USB 2.0, and to to do that you'll need to download and install the "Virtual Box Expansion Pack" from their site. It's pretty quick and painless, though you might need to fiddle with the USB settings to get Virtual Box to recognize the iPhone before iTunes on your OS X does.

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Oct 25, 2009
Did that and its still greyed out without any option of letting me to click it. I installed the expansion pack too. What am i missing? I promise, I'm not usually this retarded. :eek:

I couldn't honestly tell you then... if the machine is shut down or suspended it should let you adjust it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.