General Pangu jailbreak = i0n1cgate?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by thadoggfather, Jun 27, 2014.

1. thadoggfather, Jun 27, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2014

thadoggfather macrumors G3

thadoggfather

Never seen so much dang drama over one JB from ONE person! MuscleNerd came off as a bit bitter but congratulatory at least and noting it's a clean jailbreak.

No one else is participating in these extended rants. Usually it's a series of people at war with each other temporarily or a domino effect of misunderstandings.

He tried to get at @comex for disclosing exploits to evad3rs while being under NDA while she outright said its a mischaracterization just last night..

I really can't believe this guy.

https://twitter.com/i0n1c/status/482394671705247744

inb4 "was this thread really needed?" -- probably not.

2. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

I care less what he thinks and I'm pretty happy it released for 2 reasons, the first is because most of the exploits apple already knew about and the other jailbreakers weren't going to use anyway and also because it will allows devs to update their stuff for iOS 8 so that way we don't have the same issues as iOS 7 jailbreak did with nothing working.

3. cyber16 macrumors 6502

MuscleNerd said a lot with just these two tweets.

(Although using certs like that is out of bounds for us, I’m glad that was used rather than burning something more native and powerful)
    https://twitter.com/MuscleNerd/status/481172464009875457

The use of the (expired) enterprise certificate is the most unique part of Pangu JB (but it’s something we avoid for legal reasons)
    https://twitter.com/MuscleNerd/status/481171623735607297

They did it in a way that the laws in other parts of the world would come down on them fast & hard and it sounds like they really gave nothing much away.

4. blahbrah macrumors 6502

I mean there's been a monopoly on Jailbreaks for the last 3 OSes and for the most recent one, they rushed release to beat others to the punch.

Maybe this will make things better for the community or maybe it will make it worse. But it certainly makes life harder for the Evaders team since they now have competition.

5. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Since the evad3rs construct /release jailbreaks if they chose to and when they chose to, not sure a jailbreak from another party makes life harder or has any effect whatsoever.

6. cyber16 macrumors 6502

Rushed or not as long as whom-ever does it uses minimal weaknesses/holes, it really does not matter so long as they are only used on new ios versions such as this was the first released now for ios 7.
    Any issues found with the jailbreak usually can be patched since the goal of root is the reason for the JB

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I wouldn't say competition.
    We're all in the same boat and working on a common goal. JB the IOS.
    So the more people are at it and attempt it and work on it the better IMO.
    Im glad they could use exploits that were not really deep and powerful and got away releasing and using exploits that the evaders wouldn't put out anyway to avoid prosecution.
    I understand that they have to cover themselves cause they are well known people and can be subpoenaed if Apple chooses to go after them. But some unknown hacker group from china can bypass all these restrictions and release whatever they want.

8. Brian Y macrumors 68040

There is slightly more to it than just bitching.

Ionic is pissed because they essentially stole a bug from one of his training courses. I guess it's not illegal - but it's on par with people who attend training courses, steal the slides, then teach the course themselves - it's just not something you do.

Also - this jailbreak is VERY half baked - because it's no longer about hacking iOS. It's about hacking iOS in order to get money from the chinese, which means people are just trying to push out any old crap.

I certainly would not trust these guys.

9. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors G3

thadoggfather

One could argue the same about the initial release of evasi0n7 and Taig

10. nfl46 macrumors 604

Pangu jailbreak = i0n1cgate?

I'm glad they removed his code in 1.1. This guy never shuts the hell up. He rants all day long. Someone please find him some .....

11. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

He still wont shut up anyway:D
    Just let him bark all day....

12. XboxMySocks macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

Trust me, Stefan is not going to stop bitching because they removed it in .1

13. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

i0n1c has been bitching since like.. 2009. remember he said the evaders were using the donations to release a jailbreak and they wouldn't release it until they reached a certain amount?

14. a2k macrumors member

Why are we devoting a thread to this Numb Nut?

15. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

I don't get i0n1c sometimes, I mean they paid for his teachings and techniques and he got mad that they 'wasted' it on a 0.0.1 update but he himself stopped helping the jb community and kept all his knowledge for business use, that was his decision and I didn't find it bad personally. I think he got mad because he wanted to get paid for what he found and was sidelined by more greedy chinese people than him.

16. ourmountain macrumors regular

He needs a brick to the teeth. Badly.

Such a pathetic whiner.