iPhone Pangu Jailbreak red text error after 4/6 step

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Jayy24, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Jayy24 macrumors newbie

- iphone 5s, updated to 8.1 through itunes.
    - find my iphone off
    - passcode and touchid off
    - have tried with airplane mode on and off, no luck
    - opened pangu as admin

After the 4/6 step it displays red text and my phone just reboots.

I've never had trouble with jailbreaks in the past, now this one has me damn near wanting to learn chinese just to see what the error message says.

I've found several other people with the same problem after a quick google, but no fix yet. Anyone have any idea whats up?

2. wgr73 macrumors 6502a

wgr73

Man..same here. It goes to the very end and fails on me

3. h9826790 macrumors 604

h9826790

I just simple click the blue button again (once you got the red text, the button turn blue and clickable again). After few attempt, it successfully JB a 6+.

I don't know why, but this only happen on one of my 6+, the other 6+ and 5s only one click and then JB finish with zero issue.

4. tateu macrumors 6502

The same thing happened to me on an iPod Touch when I tried:
    DFU install iOS 8.1, restore from iTunes backup, jailbreak

The only way around it that I found was:
    DFU install iOS 8.1, Jailbreak, restore from iTunes backup.

5. wgr73 macrumors 6502a

wgr73

This order fails after 1/2 for me. :(

6. tateu macrumors 6502

If it fails that early, I think that means you have a passcode or Find my Phone enabled. They both need to be off.

7. sstyle macrumors regular

I had a lot of times this issue. Easy to fix: just restore it and setup as new. Then jailbreak and then restore from backup

8. wgr73 macrumors 6502a

wgr73

You can setup as new, THEN restore from backup? I thought once you setup as new that you were past your option to restore from backup?

9. sstyle macrumors regular

10. wgr73 macrumors 6502a

wgr73

How? This is new to me. I only backup thru iCloud

11. Snide macrumors 6502a

Snide

Yep - After numerous attempts where the Pangu progress bar would hang indefinitely, I restored to 8.1 and didn't bother setting it up, just plugged it in (to a 2006 Toshiba running Windows XP), and it worked the first time.

12. sstyle macrumors regular

Make a full crypto backup in iTunes now and then restore it. iCloud is not reliable. You should make a backup in itunes sometimes

13. wgr73 macrumors 6502a

wgr73

Thanks!

Funny you say that. Just last night I was restoring after another failed JB attempt and I woke up this morning to "iCloud could not finish restore" :(

Looks like I"ll back up once ever month or so in iTunes. Good tip!

14. RDAR macrumors 6502

Just make sure you keep track of your backups. I had no idea it took so much of your hard drive space. I bought a 256GB SSD for my macbook about a year and a half ago. Throughout that time friends and family have been using my mac to backup and jailbreak, getting new devices and backing those up. So I had 4GB of free space last night with barely anything installed on my machine. I keep my media files on an external hard drive. So I was looking around my files and saw I had at least 30 different backups taking up 195GB of my hard disk space lol.

15. oplix macrumors 65816

oplix

I believe you are not waiting long enough. I jailbroke my friends ip5 today and it did same thing but then while i was looking for workarounds it eventually proceeded to finish.

16. Jayy24, Oct 29, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2014

Jayy24 thread starter macrumors newbie

Got it working yesterday, forgot to reply to this thread.

Went the fresh restore to 8.1, jailbreak, then restore backup route and it worked like a charm.

Then I ran into a ton of problems getting Cydia to show up that took well into the night, but everything is good to go now.

edit: also, forgot to add that my battery life is amazing since I've jailbroke my phone which is weird since I see a lot of the opposite. It may have also been the fresh restore that has helped it, either way no complaints here.