Pangu - No UnTethered JB.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bandofbrothers, Aug 1, 2016.

1. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Just read this on idownloadblog

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2016/0...9-3-3/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

"Without a doubt, people seem to agree that the hassle of side-loading the jailbreak app is too much of a pain to have to do every time the certificate expires. Unfortunately for those waiting on an untethered jailbreak, Pangu has confirmed on Reddit that one for iOS 9.3.3 is not being worked on, so you might not want to hold your breath:"

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Ouch.

Gotta feel for all of those who ditched their 9.0.2 or below jailbreak for this 9.3.3 JB.

3. bandofbrothers thread starter macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

This semi untethered JB is very stable.

I understand your current version is too @eyoungren

I've had to re JB once due to resetting my network settings and it took seconds

4. tys macrumors 6502

So far, 9.3.3 JB is working great on my iPad Pro. And the semi-tether isn't really an issue. I had to reboot once and it literally only took seconds to re-JB and no computer needed. The real issue will be when the certificate expires (April 2017 in my case) Hopefully someone figures something out by then.

5. bufffilm macrumors 601

bufffilm

Does anyone know what will happen a year later when that certificate expires?

Will anyone on this JB be SOL?

6. bandofbrothers thread starter macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

It's pure speculation.

Some think the Pangu team are already working with iOS 10 to create a JB with some exploits.

7. bufffilm macrumors 601

bufffilm

So then my suspicion is true?...anyone running this JB will be stranded unless a new JB is released.

If true, all the more reason to stay on 9.0.2 JB...

8. bandofbrothers thread starter macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Not necessarily.

Apple can affect the certificate only.

If there is no update in time then information from idownloadblog is available about the way to insert a 1 year certificate or a 7 day version is available.

9. bufffilm, Aug 1, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2016

bufffilm macrumors 601

bufffilm

You're not understanding, I think...one year from now, when the certificate expires...what happens with this JB then?

All indications seem to point that this JB will not work after that unless a new certificate is issued.

The 9.0.2 JB isn't reliant on a certificate hence this JB was a bad move for anyone already on the 9.0 or 9.1 jb.

10. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Well, I was thinking that if I had what I already have on 9.0.2 and then upgraded to 9.3.3 with the intent to jailbreak ON THE ASSUMPTION that at some point there would be an UNTETHERED jailbreak to replace the current one and THEN I found out that there would NOT be an untethered jailbreak, I would be kicking myself for having left an untethered jailbreak.

I reboot my phone every morning via an Activator action. This dance that you guys have going where you have to rejailbreak after every boot and resign a certificate every 7 days (if you don't have the year long cert) is something that would drive me bonkers day after day.

Getting into safe mode? OMG how do you do that very easily?

OTOH, if my current jailbreak was very unstable and this was the alternative I would take it.

But I can't be the only person on 9.0.2 with a rock stable jailbreak. :D

11. tys macrumors 6502

My understanding is that you'll have to repeat the process with a new certificate when the original expires. Either a free 7 day one (that would be a weekly pain!) or pay for a 1 year one. (Or perhaps another enterprise one will be available again?)

What I'm wondering is this......
    It seems we only need the certificate to allow side loading of the Pangu app onto a stock device. But once you're jailbroken, you can install unofficial apps no problem, so......why can't someone make a version of Pangu that you can install via Cydia after the initial JB to replace the certificate-dependent one?
    I admit, however, that I only know enough about this stuff to be dangerous so I'm probably missing something.

12. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

Because the app needs to be run when not in jailbroken mode

13. Will22 macrumors 65816

Will22

Safe mode is just a tap of an icon in CC Control

Or you could just set up an activation with Activator.

image.jpg

14. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

What if you're bootlooping?

Untethered you can hold down Volume up to get to No Mobile Substrate Mode.

Semi-untethered, like with this jailbreak?

15. iF34R macrumors 6502a

iF34R

Looks like I'll be staying on my 9.0 jailbreak.

16. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I'm not surprised they are not wasting any more exploits on ios 9.3.3
    In less than 2 months iOS 10 will be out so I rather see a fully untethered JB for that version instead of 9.3.3

17. tys macrumors 6502

I understand the logic behind not wasting exploits, but once we (hopefully) get untethered iOS 10, should it then be possible to untether 9.x as well? I've had bad luck with new iOS on older devices and definitely will not want to update my iPad to iOS 10.

18. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Possible if the exploits used for ios 10 JB for example are still there on previous ios versions they could release a tool that does multiple ios versions.
    We just gotta wait and see.

19. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

Not really. 9.1 fwd vanilla are much more stable than 9.0.2.
    --- Post Merged, Aug 2, 2016 ---
    They prob won't release anything until at least 10.0.1 or more. 10 has a lot of extensions and stuff that will probably need to be tweak from the start more than older fw have had and all the older fws never had a proper stable 0.0 fw

20. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I keep hearing that.

Not having any issues with being jailbroken on 9.0.2 or 9.0.1 with my iPhone 5 I am not inclined to test this.

21. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

I'm feeling it right now. But I was kinda smart and never updated my iPad Mini 2 from 9.1, so that's jailbroken and all the tweaks I need work perfectly for it.