Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

PATD_PFTW-250x250.jpg
Apple's annual WWDC Bash will be headlined this year by rock band Panic! At The Disco. The almost-end-of-WWDC party will take place Thursday evening from 7-10PM at Discovery Meadow, just around the corner from the McEnery Convention Center where the rest of WWDC takes place. The invitation also notes that a "special DJ" will be hosting.

Apple notes that attendees 21 or older may drink alcohol after picking up a wristband on Thursday either on the plaza outside McEnery or at the tent inside Discovery Meadow by showing valid government-issued photo ID. Bag check is not available at the event, Apple notes, "so please leave your bags at the hotel."

The Bash is an annual end-of-WWDC tradition for Apple, though it takes place on Thursday night ahead of the final day, as many attendees fly out on Friday.

Screen-Shot-2018-06-06-at-1.36.45-PM.png

Article Link: 'Panic! At The Disco' to Headline Apple's Annual WWDC Bash

WiiDsmKR69

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2013
Seriously who the ef are they???

Seriously worth checking them out.
They started out in the ‘emo’ scene about 10 years ago, but their last couple of albums have been amazing! The lead vocalist has an impressive vocal range and they blend brass, pop and rock music together.

If you were watching the WWDC keynote their new song “high hopes” played before it started.

codfromthesea

Suspended
Apr 24, 2017
They started out in the ‘emo’ scene about 10 years ago, but their last couple of albums have been amazing! The lead vocalist has an impressive vocal range and they blend brass, pop and rock music together.

If you were watching the WWDC keynote their new song “high hopes” played before it started.

I doubt how many Apple executives know who they are. Well it’s better than Bob Dylan I tell you.

That band name though... argh. It’s like wearing sweat pants to a job interview.

Last edited:

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL

I listen to them quite a bit by way of our little G, even went to the concert last year in Orlando (per several random goth-ish type kids, "You guys are the coolest parents ever!")

So yeah, I kind of dig on it, Brandon's vocals are stellar, it's pretty thoughtful, very well executed, emo-pop-alt-rock, with the occasional moments of near-genius. :D

staveb

macrumors member
May 13, 2009
I went to a Weezer show a couple years ago, and 'Panic! at the Disco' also played.

In my opinion, 'Panic!' was just awful...everything about it. The music, the band, the fans. Never been so unimpressed and disappointed by such an awful display on all accounts.

LandRovers

macrumors member
May 28, 2014
I actually love Panic! At the Disco, I wish there was a livestream of this concert.

dandotcom

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2018
I listen to them quite a bit by way of our little G, even went to the concert last year in Orlando (per several random goth-ish type kids, "You guys are the coolest parents ever!")

So yeah, I kind of dig on it, Brandon's vocals are stellar, it's pretty thoughtful, very well executed, emo-pop-alt-rock, with the occasional moments of near-genius. :D

Brendon*

H3LL5P4WN

macrumors 68040
Jun 19, 2010
Pittsburgh PA
If Apple commissioned Panic! At the Disco for WWDC, it makes you wonder what savagery they hire during their private corporate events. Nickelback?

You, you right there, win one internet! Or what's left of it after the FCC allows it's destruction.

But you win!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.