Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MartinAW

macrumors member
Jul 6, 2011
England
I loved "A Fever You Can't Sweat Out" but haven't listened to them much since. Playing at a festival I am off to later this year though, so I am sure I will listen some more :)

Firestar

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 30, 2010
221B Baker Street.
I loved "A Fever You Can't Sweat Out" but haven't listened to them much since. Playing at a festival I am off to later this year though, so I am sure I will listen some more :)
Fever was pretty good, but I didn't think Pretty. Odd. was that great. Vices and Virtues has got to be their best album, IMO.

AdeFowler

macrumors 68020
Aug 27, 2004
England
Loved Pretty Odd, never felt quite the same way about A Fever You Can't Sweat Out. The latest album's on my wishlist.

KaPOWitsCHRIS

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2010
United Kingdom
Been listening to them since 2005, my first more heavy band (I now listen to a lot of death metal). Fever is by far my favourite album, Pretty. Odd. was not to my taste and Vices is pretty good and I guess their most refined album.

Saw them live in May as well :p

Firestar

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 30, 2010
221B Baker Street.
Been listening to them since 2005, my first more heavy band (I now listen to a lot of death metal). Fever is by far my favourite album, Pretty. Odd. was not to my taste and Vices is pretty good and I guess their most refined album.

Saw them live in May as well :p
More heavy? I thought they were very light rock, if anything....

r1ch4rd

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2005
Manchester UK
I saw them live about 6 years ago (that makes me feel old). They were pretty good but I haven't listened to anything released since then. They rather remind me of my girlfriend at the time.

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2009
in a New York State of mind
Fever was pretty good, but I didn't think Pretty. Odd. was that great. Vices and Virtues has got to be their best album, IMO.

I'm a huge fan as well. I saw them about a month ago here in Houston. And I agree that Vices and Virtues is their best. Well, at least, it's my favorite. My favorite song on it so far is The Calendar. But even the bonus tracks on it are pretty darn good.

Firestar

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 30, 2010
221B Baker Street.
I'm a huge fan as well. I saw them about a month ago here in Houston. And I agree that Vices and Virtues is their best. Well, at least, it's my favorite. My favorite song on it so far is The Calendar. But even the bonus tracks on it are pretty darn good.
I didn't really like Kaleidoscope Eyes, but I'm not sure about the other bonus tracks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.