Panic Button for iPhone - SafetyGrid

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by AllPoints, Nov 25, 2011.

1. AllPoints macrumors newbie

Hello All,

I'm the developer and founder of SafetyGrid (Jim Hankins). We have a universal app for iPhone and iPad that functions as a panic button or silent alarm for your iPhone or iPad. The app is available as a free download from the app store. The app launched in January of 2011 and has seen a number of updates since, continuously improving it's capabilities to provide an additional layer of personal safety.

Our app was recently highlighted in the news by the NBC News Detroit Affiliate WDIV. I'm not a TV personality, but you'll see me there. :)

The app has a number of options for alerting when you press the big alarm button. First, it allows you to choose up to 5 contacts from your address book (or manually enter them). The SafetyGrid service will notify contacts via SMS Text, Email, Telephone Broadcast and automatic conference of your contacts that are reached, as well as posting for information requests on Facebook.

Your contacts are directed to a webpage that will provide your location on a map if available from your device and refreshes every minute. The app also sends location updates from your iPhone or GPS enabled iPad every minute so long as there is a data connection available. The app comes with 5 alarm credits which are consumed when you use the voice feature for testing or actual alarms. You can recharge your credits via inApp purchase. Once your alarm credits are consumed, alerts will still be sent out via SMS, Email and the request for info Posts out to Facebook.

Optionally, you can also subscribe to the GEOS monitored service offerings which provides a 24/7 monitored service to respond to your alarms and coordinate a response for you practically anywhere in the world. The service also comes with Search and Rescue fee protection in the event there are costs associated with your rescue. Depending on the service you subscribe to, the coverage can be up to $100,000.00 per year of protection (50,000 per incident).

We've recently launched the ability to purchase the service as a gift as well.

We'd love to hear your feedback. It's certainly a passion of mine to continue to improve the product to help save lives. My first post here but I look forward to the conversations with all that are interested.

Sincerely,

Jim Hankins
    Founder / Developer
    SafetyGrid - A Division of All Points Media Works, LLC
    http://www.safetygrid.net

2. AllPoints thread starter macrumors newbie

Makes A Great Gift!

I neglected to add in the previous post that one of the most recent features we added was the ability to gift the service to someone. The app now supports a setup option of Received Gift which prompts for the username and password provided on the gift certificate sent to the buyer at time of order.

This is perfect for parents with teens or college bound children or those with elderly but still mobile parents. It provides wonderful peace of mind and very well could save a loved ones life in time of need.

You can place your order SafetyGrid gift online and you don't need an iPhone or iPad in order to place the order. That's also great if someone is going to be receiving an iPhone or iPad as a present this year!