Panic(CPU 2..

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Fredriksommar, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Fredriksommar macrumors newbie

Fredriksommar

Hi.. just upgraded my memory to 16gb on my mbp 13" mid2012 with 2,9mhz and 512ssd drive

Worked well for one day but now it's not working.. won't start.
    Logged in with password and then it started to load (like if i updated the system) and then all of a sudden I had this image for 3 seconds and the it restarted and did the same thing over and over again.. what to do?

Thanks
    Fredrik

Attached Files:

2. flyinmac macrumors 68040

flyinmac

Sometimes the first step is to undo what you last changed, and try again.

I'd try putting the original memory back in, without any new modules. And see if that fixes it. Could be bad memory.

3. casperes1996 macrumors 68040

casperes1996

Seems the most likely - He could also run the Apple Memory test, to see if it gives any answers - it's possible he threw the original out or something.

4. Fredriksommar thread starter macrumors newbie

Fredriksommar

I'll try to put the old ones back.. the strange thing is that it worked perfect yesterday and it worked with all the 16gb.. weird

I tried to restart the computer to enter the disk utility (cmd + r)
    Then it didn't find my ssd-disc.. I read some other thread that it could be the hard drive-cable? What do u guys think?

5. flyinmac macrumors 68040

flyinmac

It's possible that you might have accidentally disturbed other parts while upgrading the memory.

I haven't been inside your particular model. So I don't know what you might have had to work around.

But verifying that no connections are loose is a good start.

6. casperes1996 macrumors 68040

casperes1996

Even though it worked perfectly yesterday that's no guarantee the memory isn't faulty. I mean, even though it registered all 16gigs, it's unlikely it had to use them all, so a block or two could be at fault
    Disk Utility not recognising your disk sounds like you might have problems there though. I've already seen one MacBook Pro 13" with a loose SATA cable. It's not that difficult to fix if it's just loose. Should take maybe 15 minutes at most. There's guides on iFixIt for hard drive swapping so just follow that up until the bit where you have access to the SATA cable (you can skip pulling out the battery cable).
    Before doing anything I reccommend running the Apple Hardware test though. That way you'll know if it's the SATA cable/SSD or it's the RAM.

7. Fredriksommar thread starter macrumors newbie

Fredriksommar

Thanks for all answers!
    I did switch back to the old memory's but it's still really slow.. don't think there's anything wrong with the new ones.. will try the apple hardware test now!

Again, thanks for helping me :)

8. flyinmac macrumors 68040

flyinmac