Panic! Cracked screen on my iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Kamaks808, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Kamaks808 macrumors newbie

I live I Hawaii and there isn't an apple store on island. I just cracked the screen on my iPhone 4 (not the screen itself, the glass part) and I am interested in repairing it myself. What do I need to know about how to replace the screen?

2. ParagJain macrumors 6502

Check out some ifixit or youtube videos to replace the screen; that will help you to get started and also let you know the needed tools to get it done.

Good luck !!!

3. iRepairParts macrumors regular

iRepairParts

The biggest thing to remember is take your time, be patient, and be ORGANIZED. There are many small components inside of an iPhone 4, so being organized and having a clean work area will allow you to keep track of everything.

There are tonssss of videos on Youtube that show the screen replacement step by step. iFixit has great instructional guides as well.

Its always best to get a DIY kit that includes the tool kit. Also, buy the complete assembly, not just the digitizer. The LCD and digitizer are fused together during the manufacturing process, so save yourself the headache and buy a complete iPhone 4 LCD Digitizer Assembly.

4. Dokter_Mac macrumors regular

Dokter_Mac

Yeah. That's how I found http://iphone4parts.com/

They are shipping for free in the US, including Hawaii :)

My wife her iPhone 4 was dropped in water, by accident of course ;)
    It killed the iPhone 4 battery. After some Googling and Youtube searching I've found two good sites for parts. I've bought an original battery with a toolset for opening the iPhone at a very cheap price.

Compare the sites and look for yourself which is the best for you :)

Good luck!

5. chris2k5 macrumors 6502a

If you are uncomfortable doing it yourself, you can always send it into a reputable site and have them do it all.

6. iRepairParts macrumors regular

iRepairParts

I definitely recommend this. Don't perform the repair yourself if you are not prepared to spend a bit of time on it.

The key to success in repairing gadgets is as follows:
    Proper Tools + Clean work space + Patience= Fixed & Fixed RIGHT!

Good luck!

7. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I would start at www.ifixit.com They have guides to help you repair your phone. Otherwise, you could go to one of the three Apple stores in Honolulu.

8. maliu macrumors 6502a

9. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

i prefer icracked.com over ifixit for screens.

they send you a full tool kit and instructions along with the new screen. ive purchased 3 screens from them with perfect success each time.