Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Virgo266

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 14, 2015
Hello,
I need help as I am hopeless with technology and have no idea what I am doing!
So I have had a mac book pro for a few years and have not had any issues with it. Until recently it was lagging and being extremely slow and a friend mentioned I should update the software. Without having any idea what I was doing I selected the OS software to update and proceeded with this, my laptop then had a message that said the laptop needs to be reset to proceed with the update I then restarted it and it was downloading for about 15minutes. A message then appeared saying the 'software was unable to be completed' there was no button to escape from this message the only option was to hold down the power button to try refresh it. Once I turned it back on a grey screen has appeared that says 'panic "unable to find driver for this platform" "mac os version: not yet set" "kernel version"

There is also a whole lot of random letters and numbers.
If i reset my computer it still appears and I cant click out of this screen. As I mentioned I am hopeless and have no idea what I am doing, any help will be greatly appreciated!!!
Thanks alot :)

Virgo266

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 14, 2015
Picture of the screen :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 72

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Can you give us the year and model of your Mac as well as what OS versions you were on before and what your tried to update to? Where did you get the OS X download from?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.