Panic mode - Scanning Help Please?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jjtaytay, May 15, 2009.

1. jjtaytay macrumors newbie

I'm not sure where to ask for help on this question, since it is not about a Mac, per se. I've tried Canon website, Yahoo answers, etc. No avail. But Mac users always seem to have an answer for me, so hopefully this time will be the same! I'm in a panic....

I have a iMac and just installed a Canon Pixma multi-function printer. I scanned photos to the computer, using the "scan to PC" option (only one available for scanning to computer). Now, I can't find where the photos have been scanned to. My old scanner used to send them to "pictures" and the one before that gave an option as to which folder I wanted to send the pics to.

I received one reply from Yahoo Answers, which said they to open "saved location", but I'm assuming that's for a PC. Any help would be great, as I'm doing a project that I have to finish this weekend.

2. unid macrumors regular

First of all I would look for preferences/settings in the scanning program there will be somewhere there that you can set where they are saved to. If this cannot be accomplished and you have an image editing program, then use the import (from scanner) option in that. Using finder and searching for scan001 etc may also yield results.

3. Rhalliwell1 macrumors 6502a

I think this would be on the scanner. It would surprise me if OS X accepted the images without user permission like it does with bluetooth.

4. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

If the images are in some subfolder of the user folder, this need not be a concern. If they're somewhere else, though... then yes, this is a cause for security concerns.