Panic sets in: FireFace 800 not working with iMac/Mavericks

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by kimjohnsson, Nov 20, 2013.

1. kimjohnsson macrumors member

Hi!

I just got a new iMac, and I have problems getting FireFace 800 to work with it. This is the first time I'm attempting this, as I have just moved over from the PC/Windows world. I thought this would go smoothly...

I have installed the FF drivers, and I can see TotalMix responding to incoming audio, so that part is ok. I bought Logic Pro X, and it can see all the audio ports, but there's no sound happening. No meters jumping, nothing recorded. When input monitoring is turned on, I hear nothing through Logic.

When configuring the FF-800 (or, more precisely, two of them) in the Audio MIDI Setup program, I get a bunch of sliders on blue background which I can't move. I am assuming this is where I would set the channel volumes so that Logic can "hear" the sound, but I just can't do it. I've also built an aggregate device and added the two FF's there. Same result.

Making music is pretty much the only reason I bought this machine for, and I really don't feel like ditching my FF's, because I'm quite fond of them. I also have zero interest to go back to Windows.

Help, please...

...but in the meantime, I'll try the same on Ableton Live, but I'm not feeling too optimistic...

Cheers,

Kim

2. kimjohnsson thread starter macrumors member

Problem solved. I have no clue what I did, but it works now. It's so much fun being a platform newbie, alternating between being scared and ecstatic :)

Cheers,

Kim