PANIC TIME . . . . HP 3600n Color Laser Printer Issue

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by lugesm, Sep 9, 2007.

1. lugesm macrumors 6502a

lugesm

New iMac 24" running just fine. Connected USB cable from HP Color Laserjet 3600n, and the native print drivers in OSX worked just fine. Printing worked perfectly.

Hoping to gain some additional features from the HP drivers, I downloaded the latest from HP and installed it. It appeared to work in that all the proper dialog boxes opened on screen. Then . . . . I attempted to print a MS Word document. Everything appeared on screen as expected. However, nothing printed and the printer did not appear to have received any info from the computer.

Checked the connection. OK. Opened the HP app and found that the printer operation was "stopped." Ok, so I saw a small icon labeled "start" and clicked on that. The on-screen information indicated that the computer was establishing communication with the printer. Nothing else happened. Then the printer dialog box once again indicated that printing had been "stopped."

At this point I would like to remove the HP drivers and revert to the native printer drivers in OSX, but I haven't a clue as to how to do this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated . . . PLEASE.

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

If you go into System Preferences > Print & Fax, try adding the printer again by clicking the "+" button, and choose the default set of drivers.

3. lugesm thread starter macrumors 6502a

lugesm

Eric -

I tried that, and I cannot find a default set of drivers.

4. lugesm thread starter macrumors 6502a

lugesm

Oh, well ! ! ! !

Turned out that I had a corrupted printer driver file and had to do an archival reinstall of OSX. :mad:

Two hours, but it worked ! Panic over. :)