Panic Unison help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by lalabear, Nov 23, 2009.

1. lalabear macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

I've been using Panic Unison for about half a year now. Recently I traveled home for Thanksgiving break, and all of a sudden I receive this error: "Connection failed. Please double check that your network is working properly." Under each download it says "Error: read fail"

I've double checked to make sure the server I use is available, and that my account is active (I use giganews). I've been home before (all summer) and never had this problem.

I'm not sure what to do? My brother uses Newsbin at home on a PC with a totally separate account, and we've both dl'd at the same time just fine before. His downloading still works :/ lol

Any ideas?

2. BobZune macrumors 6502a

It is likely the ISP restricting the port, or you haven't forwarded the right port to your machine on the router.

See http://www.panic.com/unison/support.html -- last question, quoted here if it the page changes:

My ISP restricts port 119. Can I connect to Unison Usenet Access on a different port?
    Yes, ports 119, 443, and 8080 are all available! You can change the port in Unison's preferences.