Panic! Watch delivered to wrong address!

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Davmeister, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Davmeister macrumors 6502

Davmeister

Although Apple told couriers to NEVER deliver to neighbours, it appears UKMAIL has done just that. My name is Richard Cole - I got home to a delivery notification saying it was delivered but no package. Looking online it appears they've delivered to someone called Alvarez - after a quick google an old online phone book (http://britishphonebook.com/search.php?last=ALVAREZ&city=LONDON) shows they live a few doors down. I went and asked and they deny receiving a package.

In a bit of a panic!

What do you make of this?

Attached Files:

2. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

Sounds like you will have to call Apple about shipping another watch to you and leave it to them to file a claim (for non delivery) with the courier.

3. Tsuchiya macrumors 68020

Tsuchiya

If their name is Alvarez, show them the proof of delivery.

What did Apple or the courier say?

4. rritterson macrumors 6502

Call the courier. They will have to ask the driver.

After that, call Apple. Apple will eat the lost delivery and send you a new one no charge. Unfortunately, you'll probably be without a watch for little while, though.

5. foxkoneko macrumors 6502

meanwhile this guy is enjoying your, sorry I mean "his" new :apple: watch

6. Salinger macrumors member

Salinger

Can they even do that without your express prior consent? That's an incredibly dangerous business practice if so.

7. anez macrumors 6502

anez

Horrific. I'm very sorry for you. Hopefully Apple will send you a replacement ASAP if you cannot track down the person who took your watch! As others have said, contact UKMail tomorrow and see what their driver reports regards the delivery.

Had you ordered one of the models of which few have been released? At the very least, Apple will know the SSID of the one which was sent to you, so there's a chance the device can be bricked if it is irretrievably lost so the thief does not profit from stealing your Watch.

Again, very sorry to hear this.

8. Blacklabel34 macrumors 6502

First things first, the carrier will contact the driver and in some cases the driver will go back to the "scene of the crime". Drivers for the most part know the people they deliver to by face.

Second, I would confirm that you don't have another neighbor with the same name. If thats an impossibility I would go back and show them the notification/update with your neighbors name on it. If they still give you the same song and dance I would say, "No problem, I just wanted to be sure before I get the Police involved, thanks!"

Doesn't Apple have a log of all the serial #'s shipped? If so, someone is going to get caught red handed!!

9. Davmeister thread starter macrumors 6502

Davmeister

Thanks for all the advice guys! Will go back tomorrow and have another ask with the proof. Maybe it was their son who's out or something...I'm not 'worried' about losing out on money, just time and having to wait for a new one if they have to send one out!

Fingers crossed...

10. whatos macrumors 6502a

The responsibility lies with the delivery service. This is not Apples problem.

11. Lucifer666 macrumors 6502a

Bummer :(

Keep us up to date will ya.

this is interesting.

They denied it, so it's either a child in the residence or.....?

I imagine you left your number with the Alvarez family. Were they receptive?

So odd

12. Salinger macrumors member

Salinger

It absolutely is Apple's problem. The customer paid Apple for a product, through no fault of his own, he did not receive that product.

Apple owes the customer what he paid for. They then, have every right to pursue the courier for failing to fulfill their delivery contract with them, but it is not the customer's responsibility to sort it out. As a courtesy and easiest resolution for all parties, by all means, he should just call the courier and see if they can retrieve the package, but if not, he simply calls Apple and tells them he didn't get the product he paid for. It is Apple with whom the customer has a contract, not the delivery company.

13. Nde macrumors 6502a

Nde

Sounds like the delivery person/driver is named Alvarez. Now, you can join the June delivery post. Sorry.

14. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

15. lsh macrumors 6502

Regardless, you need to contact the courier as quickly as possible so the no delivery gets noted.

16. whatos macrumors 6502a

Actually if it becomes a problem the local law in the area will prevail.

17. Salinger macrumors member

Salinger

Contract law is pretty straight forward on this in pretty much all western jurisdictions. He would not have a claim against the delivery company even if he wanted to pursue it himself because he never contracted them to do anything; Apple did.

He has to be made whole by Apple; Apple has to be made whole by the delivery company and they can (probably in vain) try to be made whole by going after the person they delivered to in error. Assuming, of course, they can't resolve it before it comes to that.

18. Davmeister thread starter macrumors 6502

Davmeister

Thanks everyone. Phone Apple - was quoted 24-48 hours to resolve this. Was asked if I liked a replacement or a refund. I asked if a replacement would be like a 'new' order - i.e. June delivery and she fumbled and said can't be sure. Anyway I opted for a replacement and hopefully they'll either recover the watch or send a new one ASAP.

Alvarez's have my details...still nada. They've lived here 20 years and are trustworthy so it is a bit of mystery...!

19. Brian Y macrumors 68040

It's highly suspicious that it's their name, and they live 2 doors down.

Did you contact UK Mail to ask? You don't have any legal recourse with them, but they should at least know where they dropped it off.

UK mail were probably over stretched, the guy who delivered mine was already back at the van by the time I'd got from the sofa to the door (6-7 seconds max).

20. eiprol macrumors regular

eiprol

As far as I know, Alvarez is a Spanish surname, not a given name, so anyone in their family could have taken the parcel signing as Alvarez. Do they have children?

Alvarez is a very common surname though (even in south american people), perhaps there is anyother living/working around there... I hope you get a new one soon, I'm still waiting mine;)

21. Davmeister thread starter macrumors 6502

Davmeister

Still nothing from Apple. Hmm! Will phone today.