Panic's Transmit

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by julianps, Dec 7, 2007.

1. julianps macrumors member

julianps

I just loaded their new v363 copy.

I made 1 connection to my server, opened one file, changed it, changed permissions for that file on the server and re-saved it. To my amusement Transmit undid my permissions change.

So I changed permissions again, opened the file and undid the previous change and re-saved it again; again Transmit changed the permissions.

My understanding was that FTP client behaviour was only to set default permissions if the file did not already exist on the server and to leave them alone of the file did?

Transmit v356 does this, v363 does not. Do it's a Nil Points from me.

Plus in that simple connect, two downloads, two uploads and two permission changes Little Snitch reports 13 different TCP Ports (21, 80?, 33187, 34120, 34443, 36511, etc...they change each time; maybe some sort of security feature for non SFPT connection?) all to mail.mydomain.com

Why would an FTP client want connection to a mail server?

Clearly I'm not understanding something. Can anyone help?

2. CaptainHaddock macrumors 6502

Panic's employees are very responsive. Send them an email and you'll probably get a response back from the lead Transmit programmer within a day or so. They've personally worked on Unison bugs for me in the past.