Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

California King

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
What are the best panorama stitching apps on the iPhone. I've tried Pano and it's pretty good, but doesn't have this cool feature the Droid X has on their camera app. It actually uses its compass, GPS, or accelerometer (one of those) to automatically take pictures while you just move your hand across the room.

Anyways, do you guys know of any app that does something similar?

RiceRacerDX

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2009
How about Video Panorama? Sounds like the closest thing to it. Otherwise, you may consider joining the dev program and jumping on this idea.

gehrbox

macrumors 65816
Jul 5, 2007
Charleston,SC
I like the idea of using the gyro so the camera knows where it was pointing to aid stitching, but the Photos I've seen show awful panoramas with very visible stitching and tonal variation.

Auto stitch looks quite good to me, might try it out.

I've got autostitch and it does the trick nicely. Think I'll still try boinx app though.

zeeflyboy

macrumors regular
Apr 25, 2009
Would be interested in your opinion...

Ideally I would like something like the sweep panorama function on Sony cameras to go along with something like autostitch for more complex tasks... Video panorama sounds promising but as it uses video the res will be much lower.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
I might just wait for someone to make an app like this. Here's a clip of someone demoing it, guess what he's using to record the video ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SneA_U4scEc&sns=em

That does look nice, can't wait for something for the iPhone.

You Gotta See This is kind of cool, tried it last night:

70952342.jpg

lucifiel

macrumors 6502a
Nov 7, 2009
In your basement
I just wanna say that I would second this very cool idea!

It's a standard feature on Sony Cameras and would make the point and shoot nature of the iPhone 4 much more featured. And with the gyro now, it's at least possible, even if it takes someone to actually code it...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.