Panoramas as Backgrounds = amazing

jeepstylexx

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 20, 2011
Was playing around with a few of the backgrounds and found that if you set a panorama pic from your photos as the background wallpaper, that when you tilt the phone, it will pan across the entire panorama pic with your icons overlayed. Very very cool feature. :) Anyone else tried this?

hello12

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2012
Was playing around with a few of the backgrounds and found that if you set a panorama pic from your photos as the background wallpaper, that when you tilt the phone, it will pan across the entire panorama pic with your icons overlayed. Very very cool feature. :) Anyone else tried this?
Hmmm.. I tried it, but it only seemed significant when I tilted up/down. When I went side to side it didnt do much?

jeepstylexx

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 20, 2011
Hmmm.. I tried it, but it only seemed significant when I tilted up/down. When I went side to side it didnt do much?
might depend on the width of the panorama. The one i'm using is almost a 360 and will pan the entire pic.

bods

macrumors newbie
Feb 10, 2009
I had to set mine via Settings > Brightness and Wallpaper for it to pan properly. It didn't seem to work so well from the Photos app. Quite impressive now.