Panoramic Wallpapers gone?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by el-John-o, Sep 18, 2013.

1. el-John-o macrumors 65816

I was really excited for Panoramic wallpapers. I hadn't heard (unless I just missed it) but is that going to be a "5S only" feature? Or was it, at the last minute, scrapped completely?

Thanks guys!

-John

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

I guess no one really knows (yet) if it might show up for 5S suddenly, but it's been removed as of one of the latter betas.

3. ziggie216 macrumors 6502

I wouldnt say completely. probably removed until apple can tweak it properly.

4. el-John-o thread starter macrumors 65816

Wonder if maybe that's a feature that is going to be re-introduced in 7.0.1? It's not a dealbreaker, but I was looking forward to it. Wasn't that even touted in one of the promos or keynotes?

5. michael31986 macrumors 68030

6. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Crap, I was looking forward to this too, and was looking around for it just now.

7. NinjaDuck macrumors member

NinjaDuck

It's a good thing they removed it, it slaughtered my battery life while i was using it.

8. Gnawbert macrumors newbie

Idiotic that they removed something Android has had for quite a while, something I consider to be more or less basic.

I was actually quite excited about this. It's not a dealbreaker, but it's just one more thing that makes the phone and the UI a little more dynamic and fun to look it. I have quite a few travel pictures that would would have been lovely as backgrounds behind a few pages of apps.