Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mcoupe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 30, 2003
Ever since I installed Panther I can't open realOne player, can't listen to BBC radio player (UK only!). Has anyone else had any problems with realOne?

Thanks for advice
Mike

hdodds

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2003
Sevenoaks, UK
Panther and Real One player

No problems accessing audio and video content from BBC web site. Am using Real One Player v9.0, build 9.0.0.297-A

mcoupe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 30, 2003
Are you using the free RealOne or the real one superpass? Have reinstalled realone a couple of times but still can't get it to work?

Mike

apple_iBoy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2003
Philadelphia, PA
Have you tried throwing out both the Real application and all the associated preference files, favorites files, etc., before you reinstall it?

I had to do this on a couple applications -- it didn't seem enough to just trash the app itself and reinstall, I had to get all those pesky associated files as well.

mcoupe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 30, 2003
Thanks everyone, I've deleted all the files as advised above and reinstalled realOne, and it's all working fine. Thanks again!

Mike C

Makosuke

macrumors 604
Aug 15, 2001
The Cool Part of CA, USA
Glad your problem was worked out, but a general tip:

If something isn't working under Panther (or any other OS/situation), a general first-round fix is to delete its preferences. In most cases deleting/reinstalling the app itself isn't necessary, since the prefs are what's causing the problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.