Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

musicpyrite

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
Cape Cod
pbeach said:
Honestly, my best lesson in Life:

"Once you realize a person's limitations, you'll never expect more out of them than they're capable of giving."

That said, I guess this applies quite directly to some fool thinking he could load Panther on a dinky G3 and expect production-level speed, right?

HA!!! [ the desirable ability to laugh at oneself ]

I really don't understand anything you said in that post, except for the 'load panther on a dinky G3'

So how did you manage to make the processor loose 100 MHz in 19 minutes? I don't get it.... What's the big secret? :confused:

I'd luv to make my processor go from 1 GHz to 800 MHz in in 19 minutes. :D

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
pbeach said:
musicpyrite said:
I really don't understand anything you said in that post, except for the 'load panther on a dinky G3'

re: "Once you realize a person's limitations, you'll never expect more out of them than they're capable of giving."

translated: "Once you realize a computer's limitations [ loading Panther onto a Blue&White is stupid ], you won't expect production-level speed from it... at least with the robust OSX 10.3"
You might want to edit your post...your quote is broken.

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
pbeach said:
and maybe the Red Sox will win the World Series in my lifetime too... I'll take either one!
Hey now.. The Pats won 2 Superbowls in 3 years. Corey Dillon!! I smell a 3rd!
So, stranger things could happen! Like the Bruins actually beating the Habs in the playoffs. Perish the thought!

Ilikemacs

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2004
Apple has to sell computers. Most people like the "frills" and what not that make Panther cool. Most people don't use their computers so intensively so as to find Panther problematic. You're a minority within a very large minority, you get no rights.

SuAndMac

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2004
Ilikemacs said:
Apple has to sell computers. Most people like the "frills" and what not that make Panther cool. Most people don't use their computers so intensively so as to find Panther problematic. You're a minority within a very large minority, you get no rights.
What?? So us "professionals" that use their computer intensively have no rights?? How many graphic designers in the world? Pre-Press, film houses, publishing houses, printers and that is only on the design side?? We're a minority? And why wouldn't we like the "frills"?

pbeach

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 29, 2004
Boston -> Miami
yellow said:
Hey now.. The Pats won 2 Superbowls in 3 years. Corey Dillon!! I smell a 3rd!
So, stranger things could happen! Like the Bruins actually beating the Habs in the playoffs. Perish the thought!

As a born-and-bred Bostonian, spending the better part of my 49 years there, raised from birth on Boston sports, falling asleep at night listening to Johnny Most and Bill Russell, remembering Babe Parilli and Gino Cappeletti, watching every single game of one Robert Gordon Orr and the two Stanley's he brought to Beantown - my life is nearly complete with Mr. Wild Bill Belichik, Adam V and my man, Teddy's accomplishments [ the Pats are stronger than they've been in either Super Bowl year, baby! ]

... and OH!, how sweet it is to see the consistently-inept Dolphin organization quivering like a pathetic bowl of jello in the 90 degree heat over the sad prospect of sheer existence in the AFC.

Now, my life would be whole if The Boys of Fenway did their thing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.