Panther/G5 + Microphones?...

TENBLUE7™

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 4, 2003
Sheffield - England
...I've just got round to the "skype" bandwagon and a very excited colleague called me on his brand new Powerbook G4 (Internal Mic working fine), off I went with cash in hand and bought a Hewlett Packard Mic only to realise when I got home that the chances of it working are slim to none.

I was right.

Any suggestions on a good cheap model that works?

It's for the best anyway as no-one could hear me over the fans spinning thanks to 10.3.8 - not an apple fan today, not at all :mad:

Thanks Christian

Windowlicker

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2003
Finland
TENBLUE7™ said:
It's for the best anyway as no-one could hear me over the fans spinning thanks to 10.3.8 - not an apple fan today, not at all :mad:
I'm sorry for not being able to give advice with the head set, but I might have a solution to the fan problem. In Enery Saver choose the Options tab and there put the processor performance to Highest. This worked for my friend who was experiencing the same problem after 10.3.8 update.

Comment

Veldek

macrumors 68000
Mar 29, 2003
Germany
I had a similar experience with a headset. Thing is the PowerMac needs a pre-amplified microphone. I think this is because of a missing soundcard. Just use a USB headset (just like I do) and you won't have a problem.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.