Panther install help pleeeease!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Mog187, May 31, 2009.

1. Mog187 macrumors newbie

Ok so basically today I got a second hand MacBook and the broad who owned it before me thought it was a good idea to wipe the entire thing so I would have to reinstall the panther os x thing and it is all good til I have to do the second disk. I restart the MacBook after disk one is installed and then some thing pops up and says please put in the second disk so I do and nothing happens and I've tried to trick it in to working but I can't do it and it's giving me a headache! :(!
    Do I have to take it in to the apple store or is there secret buttons I can press so this stupid thing works. I just wanna play with my new toy. Sucks!!! Xoxoxox

2. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

3. Mog187 thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh really. Well I guess that makes sense but she's cleared the whole thing and now I'm stuck with some stupid insert second disk and I don't know what to do. I've never had a mac before or anything so all of this is completely alien to me.

4. Mog187 thread starter macrumors newbie

ok yeah I dont think it is panther. I think that the woman just put in all mac related stuff she has and that includes a panther book thing. The CDs just say mac os x version 10.4.8 on them. It's a 2006 mac. Does anyone know what's up with it? X

5. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

10.4 is Tiger, which will work fine (especially if those are the original disks :rolleyes:). You should clean the disk with a soft cloth and a little water. Even a fingerprint or the tiniest smudge can stop things. If all else fails you can abort the second disk install (which contains iLife).

http://chealion.ca/2009/02/aborting-on-the-second-disk-on-a-restore/