Papa Johns making extra profits off the Salvation Army!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by velocityg4, Dec 21, 2013.

1. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

I was just perusing the Papa John's website. I noticed an inconsistency in their pricing. Namely the one three-topping large pizza for $10 or two two-topping Pizzas for $22 with $1 going to the Salvation Army.

When you could get two three-topping pizzas for $20 and just give $2 to the Salvation Army yourself. Plus have an additional topping on each pizza.

So in essence they are charging you two toppings and $1 for you to give them another $1 to hand over to the Salvation Army. Where they will also get the charitable donation tax benefits.

Untitled-1.jpg

I wonder if this was an accidental blunder or if they figured they could scam some extra money off you in the guise of charity?

2. samiwas macrumors 65816

3. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

If you want to donate money, do so. They are a business and now, because of this partnership, the SA is bringing in more money than they would have previously. It's not that big of a deal.

4. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

5. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

I think you can only use one special offer per order. So your not allowed to use the "Large three topping for $10" twice on the same order. You should have circled the "Bundle Order for $20" right below.

6. velocityg4 thread starter macrumors 68040

velocityg4

Yes you can. I do it all the time.