realitystops

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 1, 2007
Very North
I would like me emails to be as much like my letters of old as I can get.

Why - cause I do.;)

All of the template bibs and bobs I have found are far too 'International' and have very unlike traditional picture/logo stuff all over them.

Basically, all I need is 'paper' backgrounds - thats it, nothing else - plain paper backgrounds.

Can someone point me towards a solution and if possible take me through the method of adding these to 'Mail'

I have asked this before, but failed to solve the question.:(

Thank you

realitystops

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 1, 2007
Very North
Thank you - Lovely - But

You will find plenty of paper backgrounds to your liking here: http://subtlepatterns.com/?s=paper

Not totally sure on how to get them into Mail, but hopefully it gets your started.

PNG files?

Anyone know how to get them into 'Mail'??????

I do not understand what the file types in 'Mail' are so saving as TIFF etc. would not seem to be the way.

Deep knowledge required I think.

Thank you.

Comment

realitystops

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 1, 2007
Very North
Thank you - installed already

Super opposed to people who use stationary in their mail apps. At work it is unprofessional but at home it often makes it difficult to read a simple e-mail. However, to each their own and I found this for you:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/stationery-for-mail/id512477627?mt=12
Hope it works out for you.

I do appreciate your point of view.

I suppose the attraction is for a time gone by from a retired and tired ex. communicator.

I still write the occasional 'slow mail' and just thought the 'email' could be used in the same way.

Ahh well:(

Thank you both again, maybe I'lll just give up.

Comment

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I do appreciate your point of view.

I suppose the attraction is for a time gone by from a retired and tired ex. communicator.

I still write the occasional 'slow mail' and just thought the 'email' could be used in the same way.

Ahh well:(

Thank you both again, maybe I'lll just give up.

So the provided link was of no help? Opinions aside, there was a link my text.

Comment

realitystops

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 1, 2007
Very North
Sorry

So the provided link was of no help? Opinions aside, there was a link my text.

Sorry for not replying -bit mixed up at the moment - Did download from your link but was unable to install into 'mail'.

Do not understand the file types available or know hot change them to suit 'mail'.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.