Paper for Mail? (apologies have asked before)

realitystops

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 1, 2007
Very North
I would like me emails to be as much like my letters of old as I can get.

Why - cause I do.;)

All of the template bibs and bobs I have found are far too 'International' and have very unlike traditional picture/logo stuff all over them.

Basically, all I need is 'paper' backgrounds - thats it, nothing else - plain paper backgrounds.

Can someone point me towards a solution and if possible take me through the method of adding these to 'Mail'

I have asked this before, but failed to solve the question.:(

Thank you

realitystops

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 1, 2007
Very North
Thank you - Lovely - But

You will find plenty of paper backgrounds to your liking here: http://subtlepatterns.com/?s=paper

Not totally sure on how to get them into Mail, but hopefully it gets your started.
PNG files?

Anyone know how to get them into 'Mail'??????

I do not understand what the file types in 'Mail' are so saving as TIFF etc. would not seem to be the way.

Deep knowledge required I think.

Thank you.

realitystops

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 1, 2007
Very North
Thank you - installed already

Super opposed to people who use stationary in their mail apps. At work it is unprofessional but at home it often makes it difficult to read a simple e-mail. However, to each their own and I found this for you:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/stationery-for-mail/id512477627?mt=12
Hope it works out for you.
I do appreciate your point of view.

I suppose the attraction is for a time gone by from a retired and tired ex. communicator.

I still write the occasional 'slow mail' and just thought the 'email' could be used in the same way.

Ahh well:(

Thank you both again, maybe I'lll just give up.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I do appreciate your point of view.

I suppose the attraction is for a time gone by from a retired and tired ex. communicator.

I still write the occasional 'slow mail' and just thought the 'email' could be used in the same way.

Ahh well:(

Thank you both again, maybe I'lll just give up.
So the provided link was of no help? Opinions aside, there was a link my text.

realitystops

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 1, 2007
Very North
Sorry

So the provided link was of no help? Opinions aside, there was a link my text.
Sorry for not replying -bit mixed up at the moment - Did download from your link but was unable to install into 'mail'.

Do not understand the file types available or know hot change them to suit 'mail'.