Paper stuck in my disc drive

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by macuser0721, May 2, 2012.

1. macuser0721 macrumors newbie

I had my macbook pro in my backpack and 1" piece of paper got into my drive. Now my macbook won't read any discs. It takes in the discs, but ejects them immediately. Is there anyway to take the paper out myself???? Please help!

2. FreyGrimrod macrumors newbie

if your not comfortable dismantling the drive yourself (I've only everdone this on desktops but disk is the same size just thinner?) I think well a can of duster and luck? I dunno might be doomed someone might have an idea for you though

3. georgehito macrumors member

Take it to the Apple store- I bet they'll repair it for free. After all, there's no real damage that has been done to the Macbook.

4. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Very unlikely. This would require dismantling the computer, and the drive (which probably has a "Warranty Void If Removed" sticker over at least one screw hole). They're not going to do that for free, most likely.

OP, try sticking a piece of double-sided tape (very securely) on the bottom of a disk and inserting it carefully into the drive about halfway, where you can still hold onto it, then remove it and see if the paper comes with it. I've heard of success with this method for removing those mini-CDs when they've been stuck in drives as well.

jW

5. sean crap macrumors newbie

Brilliant!
    I put double sided tape on a flat iron ruler to pick out a piece of paper trapped in the drive - now it works again.