papers2 and Mavericks

powerplant

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 27, 2013
I am wondering if anyone have tried the PDF managing software Paper2 in Mavericks.
Paper2 is totally essential for my work (I know there is a papers3 but that is not as useful). I need to know before i upgrade. There is no information on the roaring apps page.

Thanks in advance,
PP

FuNGi

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2010
California
I am wondering if anyone have tried the PDF managing software Paper2 in Mavericks.
Paper2 is totally essential for my work (I know there is a papers3 but that is not as useful). I need to know before i upgrade. There is no information on the roaring apps page.

Thanks in advance,
PP
Yes. Works fine although I haven't tried their citations functioning. Endnote below X7 is broken on Mavericks however. I had to upgrade the 30 day free trial to finish a manuscript off. Curious how Papers2 citations compares.

powerplant

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 27, 2013
I have read the citation is broken in Pages but I have no idea on how it works in word or other applications.

PP

T'hain Esh Kelch

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2001
Denmark
Papers1-3 all work fine under Mavericks. Citations in Pages '13 is a no go for the foreseeable future due to lack of Apple script, but Pages '09 still works perfectly.

Thinking about it, the Pages '13 release is like the Papers3 release.. Maybe Apple should hire the Mekentosj guys, they would fit perfectly in.. ;)

alob

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2013
Hey powerplant, did you upgrade? how did Papers behave? Does the citation feature work well?

I wonder the same as you, and I cannot afford to lose this program because of the upgrading.

Thanks!

powerplant

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 27, 2013
Papers 2 works in Yosemite as well (with som graphical problems but minor) and now i wonder how it will do in el capitan?

powerplant

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 27, 2013
Working just fine it seems. Only thing I have encountered was that the Flash plugin crashed while being used by Papers2, which is pretty irrelevant.
Thanks,

My mac is back from service on friday so i will tyy a clean install of el capitan

Pp

powerplant

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 27, 2013
Papers2.8.1 is running and works fine (even better). Citations in word 2016 and sync to papers on iPad works fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.