Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WhySoSerious

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
Dallas, TX
It really amazes me how developers can build some really crappy apps or push retro games on us *cough* tetris/etc *cough*, charge 9.99 (or even 5.99) and the app sucks....

...yet, the PapiJump games come out for FREE or in this rare case, 0.99 for PapiJump PLUS and this game is just so d@mn FUN!

Really, the value of this game and 2 others (galcon, icopter) really emphasize how the iphone should be used for gaming. games shouldn't be these graphic intense, time consuming games. all those do is drain the battery and destroy your phones recharge lifecycles quicker than normal....thus causing you to send the iphone in for a battery replacement, with you fronting the cost. if you wanted to play games like this, get a freakin' dedicated portable gaming machine designed for it (PSP, DS).

This PapiJump PLUS game is an app everyone should have on their phone. So much fun, diverse, quick grab-n-go appeal, etc.

Do the developers right......go buy PapiJump PLUS, Galcon and iCopter......don't feed the other crap apps out there with your money that cost way more and deliver far, far less.

daygoby

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2008
I agree, I feel that iPhone games should be simple little games that you can pickup up really quick and put down just as fast. Just something to pass the time. Making full fledged 3D adventure games for the iPhone feels out of place.

If you guys like games like PapiJump, you should definitely check out iJuggles :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.